Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst 1 8 18 27 LastLast

Thread: +511 Club & +80 RS

LEV Leaders - Sep 18 Performance

Hi-

Results for Wed, Sep 18:

Name:  P&L - Sep 18, 2013.png
Views: 318
Size:  29.9 KB

I am not trading these names mechanically, but it was a surprise and noteworthy that a Chinese coal company made the list ...again..

Shawn

LEV Leaders - Sep 19 Performance

Hi-

Here are the results for Th, Sep 19:

Name:  P&L - Sep 19, 2013.png
Views: 330
Size:  24.2 KB

Shawn
    Last edited by Riskslayer; 09-28-2013 at 05:53 AM.

LEV Leaders - Sep 20 Performance

Hi-

Here are the results from Fri, Sep 20:

Name:  P&L - Sep 20, 2013.png
Views: 328
Size:  24.5 KB

Take care,

Shawn

LEV Leaders - Sep 23 Performance

Hi-

Here are the results for Mon, Sep 23, 2013:

There were no names that made the +95 RS cut-off.. I am not sure what that means.. possibly rotation or a pause?

Name:  P&L - Sep 23, 2013.png
Views: 283
Size:  24.0 KB

Take care,

Shawn

LEV Leaders - Sep 24 Performance

Hi-

Here are the results for Tu, Sep 24.

Only 1 name, SWY, made the +95 cut-off

Name:  P&L - Sep 24, 2013.png
Views: 307
Size:  23.2 KB

Shawn
    Last edited by Riskslayer; 09-25-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Selection is sometimes difficult.
    If you are too restrictive, then you end up with too few candidates to be able to operate a good selection.

The fact that there are few long candidates could indicate that funds are not buying leaders for now.
    What I observed in the past days however is that the number of shorts candidates is decreasing, which could mean the opposite: funds are not shorting!

I back tested the number of possible candidates related to the average returns but could not find a clear correlation.
    What I however found is that when you try to get for example 10 positions, if your selection is too strict, you often end up with being under invested. This means that you miss some of the up/down side.

I hence prefer a larger selection coupled to a system that only crops the five or ten best candidates... or I operate a manual selection, which is my preference, because I like to feel more clever than a computer (in hindsight it is seldom the case.)

Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Selection is sometimes difficult.
    If you are too restrictive, then you end up with too few candidates to be able to operate a good selection.

The fact that there are few long candidates could indicate that funds are not buying leaders for now.
    What I observed in the past days however is that the number of shorts candidates is decreasing, which could mean the opposite: funds are not shorting!

I back tested the number of possible candidates related to the average returns but could not find a clear correlation.
    What I however found is that when you try to get for example 10 positions, if your selection is too strict, you often end up with being under invested. This means that you miss some of the up/down side.

I hence prefer a larger selection coupled to a system that only crops the five or ten best candidates... or I operate a manual selection, which is my preference, because I like to feel more clever than a computer (in hindsight it is seldom the case.)

Pascal
    I have about 140 stocks to choose from. Choices from several disciplines - value, mechanical and momentum but it sure takes a lot of work !

Trev

LEV Leaders - Sep 25 Performance

Hi-

We see another single name for today BCEI.

The stats being computed here are based on adding a maximum of 4 new names each day near the open, and selling the oldest 4 names near the close. The further assumptions for computing the Avg's, is that each day, 20% of the acct is invested in the new names, no matter what the number of names. This results in a glitch when we have zero names, and we are running only at 80% invested for that particular day, but this has only happened once, so for now I am ignoring that.

Note, that even though this program has only added 2 new positions in the last 3d, there are still 10 names in the portfolio for today. The maximum number of names in the portfolio would be 20, but this would be unusual b/c there are often repeats, like QIHU and TSLA for today.

My sense is that this program/algo ranges between 10-18 names on most day, and that 15-16 names is about the daily avg. This has not been back-tested, etc. and perhaps there are more optimal approaches, but this number of names is reasonable from an implementation perspective and is somewhat diversified from a risk management viewpt.

Results for Wed, Sep 25:

Name:  P&L - Sep 25, 2013.png
Views: 327
Size:  20.1 KB

Shawn

LEV Leaders - Sep 27 Performance

Hi-

For Fri, Sep 27:

Name:  P&L - Sep 27, 2013.png
Views: 263
Size:  26.9 KB

Have a great weeekend,