+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Very Strong Sell Signal - September 22, 2011

Hybrid View

Billy and Pascal,

congratulations on both robots, they make an almost perfect "blend"!

One question on today's new suggested strong short trade: why is the stop loss level for this one being below the trailed stop level of the "official" one?

I normally see that any new suggested trade, after the official has opened, has a "worse" stop loss level than the trailed one in the case that the trade is being profitable.

I would have expected to see the opposite: maybe it already happened in the past, but this time it jumped to my eye being this trade a strong one.

Just trying to understand the "algo" reasons, I'm perfectly fine with the stops choices.

Thanks again to both of you,

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by roberto.giusto View Post
    Billy and Pascal,

congratulations on both robots, they make an almost perfect "blend"!

One question on today's new suggested strong short trade: why is the stop loss level for this one being below the trailed stop level of the "official" one?

I normally see that any new suggested trade, after the official has opened, has a "worse" stop loss level than the trailed one in the case that the trade is being profitable.

I would have expected to see the opposite: maybe it already happened in the past, but this time it jumped to my eye being this trade a strong one.

Just trying to understand the "algo" reasons, I'm perfectly fine with the stops choices.

Thanks again to both of you,

Roberto
    Roberto,

This is a frequent question. The difference comes from the fact that a new trade will have an INITIAL stop rule, while the old position is on a TRAILING stop rule. The robot computes the stop differently in each case, based on optimal backtests.
    The fact that an initial stop of a new trade is above or below a trailing stop is also much dependent on 20 EMA ATR and it changes every day.
    Billy

+ Reply to Thread