+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Road Map for June 8, 2011

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by adam ali View Post
    Billy,

Great review.

A little off topic, but any ideas why the CBOE Implied Correlation indices are so somnolent? Same for the VIX. One would think they'd be showing a bit more pep at this point.
    Adam,

I've stopped using the VIX as a consistent meaningful indicator long ago, whatever everybody else is trying to prove me.
    I have no clue about the correlation indices. I watch them flashing false signals without any consequences anymore. So I've stopped writing about them, just as English Bob.
    These indicators (VIX and all) are all derived from the option market and are not reflecting the true state of the underlying stock market anymore, because too many sophisticated strategies are widespread and can skew the classic interpretations.
    Billy

Vol indices

Thanks. Obviously, I'm trying to decipher current status of fear/greed among investors through these or other indices. It seems tougher to do these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Adam,

I've stopped using the VIX as a consistent meaningful indicator long ago, whatever everybody else is trying to prove me.
    I have no clue about the correlation indices. I watch them flashing false signals without any consequences anymore. So I've stopped writing about them, just as English Bob.
    These indicators (VIX and all) are all derived from the option market and are not reflecting the true state of the underlying stock market anymore, because too many sophisticated strategies are widespread and can skew the classic interpretations.
    Billy
    Hi Billy,
    Are there any available inverse gold minersw ETFs that I could use rather than short GDX when the GDX robot gives a short signal?

Quote Originally Posted by slgerritz View Post
    Hi Billy,
    Are there any available inverse gold minersw ETFs that I could use rather than short GDX when the GDX robot gives a short signal?
    DUST, the double inverse gold miners ETF, is the only one I am aware of.
    It is highly illiquid and only adequate for small limit orders.
    Billy

+ Reply to Thread