Nickola,

First let me congratulate and thank you for this fantastic Darvas thread that you started.
The robots are simply taking advantage of technology. Many discretionary traders today are still trying to go from point A to B by foot or horse like their grand grand parents used to do. They try to be as fit as possible as athletes or horsemen.
Robot "car" drivers can go faster and more efficiently, in a more relaxed manner. They can enjoy a more comfortable life and may envision going much farther away to unsuspected destinations over time.
A car driver doesn't need to learn or know all of the car details; the car dealers and support service are here to control, check, maintain and repair. The driver only needs to choose a safe and sturdy car model for all kind of road environments. And a good support service. Learning to drive the car itself is very basic.
The choice between discretionary learning/trading and robot following is a psychological one. I've been a discretionary trader for 30 years myself, so I know what I'm talking about. When you are becoming good at it, the powerful satisfaction of being right on your own is an addictive drug. You tend to feel like you're on top of the world and becoming an unparalleled expert. You feel fairly rewarded for all your hard work. Then comes the big unexpected drawdown! Like the horse-rider falling or the walker with a broken leg. And you see that people driving cars are now far ahead of you.
Then you are humbled and depressed, realizing that the markets are not the place to nurture your ego. Everything else in life is, from dating to playing video games or chess tournaments (among humans). But the market is not here for making you an expert or the best trader/investor in the world. The market is here to offer opportunities for making money and the robot quantifies the probabilities and positive expectations of each opportunity.
The setups and risk management are based upon the multi-pivot clusters which are similar to Darvas boxes, looking ahead through one or two days of expected support and resistance confluences that are also quantified.
What is fabulous in your personal case, Nickola, is how quickly you’ve come to your conclusions. And I think that concentrating now on learning derivatives is indeed the best next step. The robot allows you to do it, relieving you from the hassle of daily discretionary analysis and decision-making. Like a car driver, you need focusing on going to Point C or D now, instead of wondering how to best walk or ride to go to point B.
Yes there is a risk that the robot or robot dealership may disappear one day for any reason. But there are more and more other robot shops around and you can then opt for the next best one.
Billy