Sometimes the hardest part is "letting go."

I sometimes fall prey to "wishing behavior"

By wishing, you try to decrease your discomfort by escaping into a fantasy. This is a dreadful waste of power. Not only do you have power going into passive behavior, but you also cloud reality, impairing your ability to problem solve. Remember that learning is the warrior's goal - Arno Ilgner in The Rock Warrior's Way

I owned GMCR and BIDU in the summer of 2009, both of which were sold far too early. Sometimes it was hard to look at these charts knowing that those two trades were the "big stocks" that I dumped too soon, wishing I had just held on! My good Doctor friend owned 1600 shares of Apple at split-adjusted price of $4, and has lamented selling in the 2009 bottom even with several thousand percent gain. I almost sense an inherent dissatisfaction in whatever outcomes we experience - either we sell to late or too early. More and more, I realize that the important element of all these experiences is to slowly improve upon our chosen methods. Clarify one's timeframe. Understand the cycle. And keep an open mind with a willingness to learn, accept the choices we make, and apply those lessons going forward.

Thanks for sharing everyone . . .

Best,
Eric