I completely agree with you.

That Pascal and Billy have made a robot of this complexity available to us is, to me, a dream come true. Like you, I cannot concoct such a device. Yet, I want very much to develop the skills that will allow me to prosper as a speculator regardless of the fate of the robots.

But the fact remains: if I invest according to the robots, I'll probably do better over the coming months than by any other method. A strange dillemma: if I do the work and take the chances necessary for me to learn the "hard lessons" of trading, I'll miss out on gains in the meantime.

Also, I've turned only a portion of my assets to the robot. But is even this a rational choice? I think it is a hedge of sorts, which allows me to practice and develop skills that may prove useful. And yet, the absolute gains or losses may prove the robot a superior and more rational choice.

Since I know that the noise of the market detracts from my performance, I could take the time made available to me by the robots to develop skills in derivatives trading, for example. Ernst has shown us his successful strategy. To trade in options is a different business altogether. The study is difficult. But with professional technology available to amateurs through thinkorswim, amateurs can train to become professionals.

Lastly, I still once more agree with you that the people/teachers here offer a tremendous service for which I'm always deeply grateful.