Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge, which is very appreciated.

Can you elaborate on some of the ways you use to determine "fixed stars" versus "comets"?

By fixed stars, I am referring to stocks like ISRG, DECK, AAPL, BIDU, CMG, GMCR, etc.,

By comets, I am referring to stocks like TASR, STEC, TIE, CROX, etc.,

In other words, what types of criteria might be utilized to determine whether a growth stock has staying power and the possibility of minting profits with great consistency versus a stock that simply undergoes a brilliant rally followed by a slow and painful drift to the dustbins of the market?

When viewing the chart of ISRG, the 2006 "top" was merely the start of a long consolidation before another major breakout in early 2007.

Since CANSLIM focuses on 6-9 month rallies, do you simply monitor and track former leaders to determine a reset of the base count, whereby another significant move could take place?

I ask because I at one point held GMCR and BIDU from standard CANSLIM buypoints, but did not possess the experience to determine some of the characteristics that set these companies apart, which would have allowed me to hold.

I am curious if you can provide insight as to how you may handle "Big Stocks," and some criteria that is useful in making such a judgment.

Best,

Eric