Pdp,

A couple more random thoughts related to your MF-Combo posts.

It is my understanding you enter a trade the moment your signal flips. At times this is when, very short term traders are expecting a contrarian move against the new set trend. Giving you instant pain kind of directly after trade entry.
How about finding a better entry method to protect you against this.
For instance you could enter in a break out over the first 5min high, or 15min high. You could enter close to the range of the pivotpoint support zone (for a long) or close to the pivot point resitance zone for a short.
But several other come to mind.

A book I read years ago - which I liked for a description of a formula which help you calculated the size of your "bet'/trade.

I also liked reading details of the "Turtle" method. They gave me some good insight in entering a trade, managing risk and adding if and when a trade was working in their favor. U can find the turtle method nowadays for free on several website.

BTW before I get everyone reacting that the Turtle method doesn't work anymore, that is not what I am trying to say. My interested is in the thoughts behind the method, I am interest in how a great trader thinks, not on what ever he might think on a particular moment in time.

TTY all Monday AM

Ernst