+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Very Strong Sell Signal - September 22, 2011

Hybrid View

Billy- a question about GDX

First hello, this is my first post here, so I hope it won't be a blunder :-)

My dilemma is this: if dollar index is going up (and it appears it is), then isn't it a normal thing for the commodities to go down? Among them gold and gold related stocks, of course. The GDX robot is still in the buy or neutral mode but should we expect that gold miners are also going to be heading south if the dollar apreciates further?

Thx for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by nikac View Post

My dilemma is this: if dollar index is going up (and it appears it is), then isn't it a normal thing for the commodities to go down? Among them gold and gold related stocks, of course. The GDX robot is still in the buy or neutral mode but should we expect that gold miners are also going to be heading south if the dollar apreciates further?

Thx for the answer.
    Pre market the price as been down to $61.00 but seems to be rebounding before the market open. Will the Robot keep its position ? We shall see.

Trev

Awkward question

Apparently my stop limit setting didn't work correctly on TDAmeritrade. Do I kill GDX now or wait for a retracement?

Never mind -- just changed to a market and killed it.
    Last edited by Timothy Clontz; 09-22-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikac View Post

Thx for the answer.
    Welcome to the board.
    The robot is not looking at macro relationships between GDX and the USD index. Correlations are far from being stable over time.
    Anyway, gold miners have indeed already headed south and the GDX robot was stopped out at the open.
    Billy

+ Reply to Thread