Quote Originally Posted by pdp-brugge View Post
The VSTpro has signaled a SHORT signal at the close of Friday. When considering the 20DMF is still LONG, then my Combo-MF model would go to neutral (CASH) because of the conflict between the two models. I am still considering the 20DMF (based on my personal conviction) to be LONG since the launch of QE3.

The models XLB and XLF have both a SHORTED OVERBOUGHT signal. The basic rules of my strategy would suggest going short for these models. I will not follow this because, in my humble opinion, both these trades have had a length when the "juice is out of the bottle".

The models XLI and XLK are in CASH so no need to do anything.

The XLY model has a SHORTED OVERBOUGHT signal. The statistics of my back tests have learned me that following a SHORTED OVERBOUGHT signal for the XLY model is not beneficial if the 20DMF is not SHORT.

Conclusion: I will close the open long trade in TQQQ and do nothing else. The odds for the VSTpro to signal a new LONG signal are strong. Let's wait and see
PdP,

The 20DMF appears to be more neutral than long. Do you agree, and how would that affect your model.

Thanks in advance.

Trev