Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
The model that has been back-tested is an EOD model.
However, we now have a RT signal. But, until we have all the data to do a full back-test of the RT model, we will stick with the EOD. The messages that you see on the RT model are reset at the open every day, in order to follow the status of the EOD model. The EOD model was "Bought Oversold" at the close of yesterday. Hence, the RT model looks at a possible change of this situation. The EOD model is still in its long trade, while the RT model is now in cash.
Pascal
Thanks...I see now that something did change while I was away. Apparently now you are distinguishing on the site's GDX Robot page between two different status: "The GDX MF has been in buy mode since 7/11/2012." and "The robot is in cash."

So I'm clear...GDX MF is the EOD model, and "the robot" is the RT model?

Or does "The robot is in cash" mean that you're recommending to ignore the GDX MF for the EOD model and stay in cash, even though technically the EOD "is in buy mode."

I totally missed the change...and I've been looking each morning and stopping when I saw "the robot is in cash" to understand the EOD model was in cash and there was no new position advised.