+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Iwm ?

simple charts

Something that I'll keep in mind going forward are the simple indicators. The 20/50 DMA cross occurred on 12/21/11, and I paid it no heed.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 802
Size:  66.4 KB

Also, IWM moved decisively above the 20 period moving average on the monthly chart recently:

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 835
Size:  99.8 KB

Both of these indicators are very useful for long-only retirement-type accounts.

And lastly, we have an inverse H & S:

Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 840
Size:  117.2 KB

I would expect some consolidation. When the 10 DMA or 20 DMA catches up, one might enter.
    Last edited by nickola.pazderic; 02-03-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: add a chart

Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
    Something that I'll keep in mind going forward are the simple indicators. The 20/50 DMA cross occurred on 12/21/11, and I paid it no heed.

Attachment 12617

Also, IWM moved decisively above the 20 period moving average on the monthly chart recently:

Attachment 12618

Both of these indicators are very useful for long-only retirement-type accounts.

And lastly, we have an inverse H & S:

Attachment 12619

I would expect some consolidation. When the 10 DMA or 20 DMA catches up, one might enter.
    Hi Nickola,

Sorry to report but I have been folowing these type of simple indicators for 2 decades and they never added anything to my returns.

This game is not as easy as that IMHO.

Trev:O)

no doubt

Hi Trev--

I respect your experience and am very glad you're in the robot trades, too.

I don't doubt that such indicators have their problems; but, I need to employ them because they have worked for me previously.

Moreover, I think I took the promise of the robots too literally and more or less stopped thinking about the investment environment. This condition is much more dangerous than a stubborn robot.

IMHO,

;)

+ Reply to Thread