+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dividends, Dichotomy or Rotation? - December 22, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
    Does anyone want to go short again?
    Nickola,

given the market environment we have been experiencing since August, and adding the fact that, as Billy said, the multitimeframe pivot system may not work as effectively during the holidays, I would treat each robot signal with caution, and above all assign less risk than normal to each trade.

At present, I play the official trades with my minimum position size, and am not planning to add at least until after the holidays. Maybe this is the ONE trade and I could be leaving a fat profit on the table, but I believe that when the holidays will be over there will be plenty of other more profitable robot signals. For now my number one priority is capital preservation.

I tell you this because I have the slight impression, from the way you have been writing during the last few days, that you are becoming a little emotional. If that is the case, the best thing you could do is trade less, and not more.

Please forgive me if I am wrong in my assumption, and know that I would give this suggestion to my best friend, a suggestion coming from the many lessons the market has taught me! :)

And after speaking to a friend, I take a chance to speak to all the other friends here: you all are a unique and continuous source of inspiration, I always consider myself very lucky to be able to read from all of you, administrators and users alike.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

thanks

Thanks. I appreciate that.

My emotion in the question "Does anyone want to go short again?" was irony !

Like you, I went light into this trade. I saw some other discretionary traders, like Erik Swartz, anticipate and then trade the bounce move perfectly for nice gains. I don't like to enter trades I don't think will work, but from all I've read about trend following, it is absolutely necessary to follow the signal.

Getting stopped out early puts me in the peculiar position in which I hope the trade gets stopped out at 74.8. With the robot we are reduced to rooting for a market move like home town fans root for a football or basketball team. Of course rooting is pointless, but I have some identity tied to the outcome in either case. What's worse, I root for a market move against the positions of my friends.

Lastly, that I was stopped out shows once again that wet ware beings will always have some trouble with robotic commands, unless we are ourselves fully automated. Since such mistakes are common, I don't think people will be interested in an explication of the circumstances that lead to the error.

Happy Holidays
    Last edited by nickola.pazderic; 12-22-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate that.

My emotion in the question "Does anyone want to go short again?" was ironic !

Like you, I went light into this trade. I saw some other discretionary traders, like Erik Swartz, anticipate and then trade the bounce move perfectly for nice gains. I don't like to enter trades I don't think will work, but from all I've read about trend following, it is absolutely necessary to follow the signal.

Getting stopped out early puts me in the peculiar position in which I hope the trade gets stopped out at 74.8. With the robot we are reduced to rooting for a market move like home town fans root for a football or basketball team. Of course rooting is pointless, but I have some identity tied to the outcome in either case. What's worse, I root for a market move against the positions of my friends.

Lastly, that I was stopped out shows once again that wet ware beings will always have some trouble with robotic commands, unless we are ourselves fully automated. Since such mistakes are common, I don't think people will be interested in an explication of the circumstances that lead to the error.

Happy Holidays
    Hi Nickola,

Go on, wish harder for 74.80 !!! Put us all out of our misery.
    (I use the IWM stops for my 3x trades).

Just joking :O)

Have a very happy Christmas.

Trev

+ Reply to Thread