Pascal,

Although my model SEEMS to be tracking closely with the Robot, that's pure accident -- right now we are on an uptick.

When the Robot goes short it will leave me spinning in the dust.

My model is long-only, and the best I can hope for is 30% or so, while I believe the Robot tracks at 65% per year.

I have friends and family who cannot psychologically short the market under any circumstances, and I've developed this model for people with that sentiment.

The best it can do here is to either offer a diversification of strategies (I personally devote 50% of my portfolio to Robot signals and 50% to the Mousetrap). Most likely I expect it to serve as an interesting control group to show how much better market timing can perform over an untimed model.

On the algo and pivot forum I'll be tracking timed signals against my nine sector selection model. So far the Robot is trouncing my sector selection, but we're not even 1/4th into the test, so we'll have to see what happens. Billy is being very helpful with sector pivot information, and we'll have a good test after 4 full direction signals.

But this model is no competition for the Robot at all. It's not even in the same conceptual framework.

Tim