Sorry, I previously replied but must not have clicked on the submit reply button.
When I buy past the pivot point, I take an 80% position (buy-1 and buy-2) and try to add to it later.

I handle gap ups differently. I have no limit for how far above the pivot the stock gaps, for example, 20% is okay. I reference my exit price for the gap-up situation to the intraday low of the gap-up day. A close below the low is the exit condition. The preceding means that my risk is not related to where I purchase the stock relative to the original pivot price, but instead, to where I purchase the stock relative to the low price of the gap day. My last gap purchase was NVDA, this week. I did not buy the stock on the gap day, but instead I waited until the pullback low of the next day (11/14/16). Even that price stretched my limit for how far above the low would I enter a position. When I buy within 2% of the gap-up day low, I might allow a little wiggle room (1-2%) on selling below the low of the gap day. Delayed entries on gap purchases are typical for me. There is often a pullback in the next day or two after the gap. Another factor on delayed entries is that I know the low price of the gap day, I can compute my risk. I can't know on the gap day if the low price is established; however, I will buy on a gap-up day if everything else looks good.