+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The large effective ratio

Hybrid View

Acepsut,

You seem to be a nice guy, but I will not help you.
    Unfortunately, I do not have the time to explain you in detail the hows and the whys of the LER. The VIT book explains it well enough for you to get on the right tracks.

Your latest questions tell me that you are not thinking this over. You just want to program and need technical assistance. I will not do the thinking for you. You are a developer and now I doubt that you are even a trader.

Please start with a simple question: "what do I want to measure?" If you can as a trader answer that question, then the developer will know what to do. You will think, you will test, you will back-test... you will rework again and again... you will do whatever is necessary.

I am more than happy to exchange over trading, over new ideas or anything that might interest me and other traders. Unfortunately, I have no time for the rest.

Pascal

Pascal, thanks for your reply.

You are right I am a developer and also a trader.

I am not asking you to support me for technical or developing question, my question about LER was only because I found two different statement, one reading the VIT book and the other searching on this forum.

Pictures pages 128 and 129 tells to use the LEV ratio then divide by volume while on this forum you states to get the difference from positive and negative LEV, then divide by volume.

I am only a little bit confused about what to use, nothing more.

My best regards,

Alberto

Mr. Willain,

May I ask you another question? In your book in the chapter about Effective Ratio you wrote about calculating average value of peaks and troughs. Here is what I've got:

Name:  2016-03-11_9-49-05.png
Views: 322
Size:  35.1 KB

I made Effective Ratio Indicator (or at least I think I did), but how should I measure the peaks, for example? From lowest trough to trough, or from some intermediate one? And which peaks and troughs should I consider significant enough to use in calculations?

+ Reply to Thread