+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Volume Alert Trigger

Volume Alert Trigger

The Volume Alert Trigger has gone live in a beta test. It is located in the High Growth Stock selection area on this site. When the details are figured out on how to open up access to all users this section will be open until the end of September. There is a short write up about the service in this section.

Attached to this post is a word file describing the service. I will post more in the coming days.

Volume Trigger Alert Description.docx
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

Mike,

Thanks for all the updates and going beta. After reading your instructions/explanation, I would suggest that when you publish your list on the weekend that you also provide it in Excel so that we may be dump it into our charting service and do our research and familiarize ourselves with the stocks.

I look forward to using this as we go forward.

Best,

Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by barbados11 View Post
    Mike,

Thanks for all the updates and going beta. After reading your instructions/explanation, I would suggest that when you publish your list on the weekend that you also provide it in Excel so that we may be dump it into our charting service and do our research and familiarize ourselves with the stocks.

I look forward to using this as we go forward.

Best,

Pablo
    Mike, forget the request as it can go into excel as is. It just takes up more lines.

Pablo

Mike, forget the request as it can go into excel as is. It just takes up more lines.

Pablo
    Good idea Pablo. I attach the current list here. I have it as a text file because that is the format that is required by the site for upload. The list can be easily copied and pasted into excel if needed.

EV Trigger 7-26-2014.txt

This morning NCLH issued an alert which I bought at 33.09 about an hour into the trading day.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

Quote Originally Posted by mscott View Post
    Good idea Pablo. I attach the current list here. I have it as a text file because that is the format that is required by the site for upload. The list can be easily copied and pasted into excel if needed.

Attachment 25209

This morning NCLH issued an alert which I bought at 33.09 about an hour into the trading day.
    OK Mike. I'm laughing because I passed on NCLH. I hope I get the hang of it. LOL.

OK Mike. I'm laughing because I passed on NCLH. I hope I get the hang of it. LOL.
    Passing on NCLH is okay. The whole thing about the alert system is to get you to look at an opportunity and then decide for yourself if you want it. NCLH has a pretty good EPS growth rate. Its 3 year EPS annual growth rate is 74% and the latest reported quarterly EPS growth rate was 100%. Price hasn't moved much since its IPO, something that detracts from their story. They have come out with three secondary offerings and this may be why there hasn't been much price progress. KORS did the same thing and probably stalled out their rally.

Something to think about long term for the cruise line industry is that baby boomers are retiring at a fast rate and as people get older they start cruising.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

Feedback/Q

Hi Mike,

Looks good.

For people using the web service, there are a lot of names to scroll through to see the names that are green. Ideally, I would just keep this window open on my desktop - like I do with a chat window. Is there a way to have the green highlighted names rank ordered to the top? In such a manner that not much desktop was taken up by the open window (btw - I do not check email very often during the day).

Also, when scrolling through the names - the column headings/titles row scroll off the window. In Excel, the top row can be frozen so the column headings/titles are visible as one scrolls down the rows. Could this kinda of functionality be incorporated?

Thanks,

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_molodow View Post
    Hi Mike,

Looks good.

For people using the web service, there are a lot of names to scroll through to see the names that are green. Ideally, I would just keep this window open on my desktop - like I do with a chat window. Is there a way to have the green highlighted names rank ordered to the top? In such a manner that not much desktop was taken up by the open window (btw - I do not check email very often during the day).

Also, when scrolling through the names - the column headings/titles row scroll off the window. In Excel, the top row can be frozen so the column headings/titles are visible as one scrolls down the rows. Could this kinda of functionality be incorporated?

Thanks,

Shawn
    Shawn, There are sort arrows at the top of each column. I sort mine by Volume Trigger Volume% to bring the high volume movers to the top. The alerted stocks will always be in view when you do this. High volume sellers will also be in view but they will have red down arrows in the price column.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

Mike,

Is there a way to know when the list has been updated so as to begin a review?

Thanks,

Pablo

Mike,

Is there a way to know when the list has been updated so as to begin a review?

Thanks,

Pablo
    Pablo, I will try to remember to post a note when the lists have been updated. They are updated now on Sunday morning.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

+ Reply to Thread