The team has been working on the real-time Volume Trigger Alert. The alpha-test implementation is stable and producing useful results. I have bought four of these alerts: ATHL, EMES, CLR, and AVGO and so far they are all in positive territory. There remains much to be done as there are too many alerts early in the day. We received 11 today so far. Pascal has suggested an approach that he has used in his real-time trading system that produces a quality of the alert which essentially predicts whether the alert conditions early in the day will persist into the close based on historical behavior of the stock.

The current screen looks like the screen shot below. The current list of stocks is 74 symbols long which is updated weekly based on screens I run. On one-minute intervals the following occurs for each stock:

1. Intraday volume is extrapolated to end of day volume using a 6th order polynomial function previously developed for this purpose.
2. Price change from yesterday's close is tested for a positive value.
3. Price is tested for nearness to the 50-day moving average with a successful outcome if it is in the range of 0% to +5%.
4. Price is tested for nearness to the 10-day moving average with a successful outcome if it is in the range of 0% to +5%.
5. Extrapolated end of day volume is compared to the largest volume in the prior 10-days that occurred on a down day. A successful outcome is when extrapolated EOD volume exceeds this value.
As soon as all of the conditions are met for a 10-day or 50-day Volume Alert Trigger an email is automatically sent as well as an alert condition is shown on the site. The green background rows in the image below show alert conditions. Today 4 1/2 hours into the trading day there are 8 alerts of varying quality. All alerts are not expected to be acted on, each user needs to do his own due diligence on the opportunity.

Yesterday EMES showed an alert which I bought. Earlier this morning EMES showed another alert which I took the occasion to add to my position, it is now extended. The two columns (Price% above 50DMA and Price% above 10DMA) show the word "Above" to indicate the extended condition. More to follow as we make progress...

Name:  Volume Alert Trigger screen shot.GIF
Views: 230
Size:  185.2 KB