Hi Pascal,

thanks for your reply.

Both the logic for Effective Volume Flow and the 3 separation methods are clear to me, what I still have to clear understand is how to consider LV from SV separation.

Back to your book example, you say that for yesterday's Tellabs example, total effective volume shares was about 6,750,000 (page 52).

Then, using the Equi power method, you come to split to a separation for 42,500 shares as Large Players, all the rest as Small Players.

In other words, only the bars showing EV >= (ABS) 42,500 can be listed as Large Players.

That's fine, but it is about yesterday once we know how many shares was traded and how much volume was involved.

But what about today? When market opens, should I still have to consider this 42,500 threshold as LV - SV split?

For what about time frame, I store stock data in mySQL database @ 1 min time frame, so there is no problem for me to compute row by row the Effective volume, but it is not clear on how much back data I should compute the separation.

Do I have to accomplish separation based on yesterday's data and use this result for today's trades?

Or should I use a moving window of back data and update it for any incoming new data?

Is it correct to say that, for 60 min trading time frame, to sum up all the single 1 min EV for that hour interval?

As last question, can the standard deviation method be a good alternative approach for separation? And if so, on how many 1 minute bars back should I compute the SD?

My best regards,

acepsut