+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mike Scott Webinar Today

Mike Scott Webinar Today

I will be conducting a free online webinar today at 1:30 PM California time. It is part of a new IBD effort called a National Investors Business Daily Meetup. Many people live in remote areas and don't have a meetup to join so this will run something like monthly to serve a wider audience. Different Meetup leaders will conduct the webinars in the future. In case anyone is wondering, I receive no compensation for these efforts nor do I advertise any services. Today I will review the general market, then talk about how I manage a portfolio with an example of how I handled TSLA last year for 130% gains.

To Join the Webinar:

Please join us this Friday for a special webinar and forward this invite to all your Meetup members.
    IBD National Meetup Webinar

Join us for a Webinar on May 2

http://img.gotomeeting.com/g2mimages...egisterNow.gif

Space is limited.
    Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
    https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/784146087

Please join IBD and Thousand Oaks, CA Meetup Leader, Mike Scott, for a special webinar.
    Title: IBD National Meetup Webinar
    Date: Friday, May 2, 2014
    Time: 1:30 PM - 2:45 PM PDT
    After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
    System Requirements
    PC-based attendees
    Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Mac®-based attendees
    Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer

Mobile attendees
    Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet

See you there!!!!
    - IBD Meetup
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

Hi, Mike

Thanks a lot for the webinar. It's great to see how you manage and trade the stocks. I am wondering if it's possible to get a copy of your slide so that I can learn more and study it.

Thanks,
    Wei

Archive?

Hi, Mike.

I was gone yesterday and didn't even know about your presentation until just now. Is it archived anywhere for people to view at a later date?

tnx

ilona

Quote Originally Posted by Wei View Post
    Hi, Mike

Thanks a lot for the webinar. It's great to see how you manage and trade the stocks. I am wondering if it's possible to get a copy of your slide so that I can learn more and study it.

Thanks,
    Wei
    Wei, the presentation will be archived for replay on IBD TV on investors.com. However here is a link to the slides:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ke%20Scott.ppt

This link will be good for a few weeks.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

Mike, Thanks a lot!

Wei

Webinar

Thanks, Mike.

Adam

Mike,

In your slide 21, you state the bar count rules.
    Where do you start that bar count?

Can you provide a few typical rules of where to start?
    For example," since the high before the previous pull-back started" or "max past 20 days."

The bar count summation will be different depending on the starting point.

Also, are recent patterns more important than past patterns? For example, if you count 20 days, are the last 5 days more important than the previous 15 days?

Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Mike,

In your slide 21, you state the bar count rules.
    Where do you start that bar count?

Can you provide a few typical rules of where to start?
    For example," since the high before the previous pull-back started" or "max past 20 days."

The bar count summation will be different depending on the starting point.

Also, are recent patterns more important than past patterns? For example, if you count 20 days, are the last 5 days more important than the previous 15 days?

Pascal
    Pascal, The bar count starts at the beginning of a base formation. The beginning of a base is the first down week after a closing high and counts up to but not including the breakout week which is possibly the breakout above a handle formation or a move to a new high in case of no handle. Minimum length of a base is usually 7 weeks however flat bases can be 5. Cup formations can be as much as 65 weeks.

The whole process is to help gauge whether institutions are accumulating or distributing. How the price closes at the end of the week helps tell what they are doing. As such more recent bars on the right side of the base are more important than the left. The method I described makes no such discrimination however it is a subtly that I might bring into a close call.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

Quote Originally Posted by mscott View Post
    Pascal, The bar count starts at the beginning of a base formation. The beginning of a base is the first down week after a closing high and counts up to but not including the breakout week which is possibly the breakout above a handle formation or a move to a new high in case of no handle. Minimum length of a base is usually 7 weeks however flat bases can be 5. Cup formations can be as much as 65 weeks.

The whole process is to help gauge whether institutions are accumulating or distributing. How the price closes at the end of the week helps tell what they are doing. As such more recent bars on the right side of the base are more important than the left. The method I described makes no such discrimination however it is a subtly that I might bring into a close call.
    Hi Mike, I also enjoyed your presentation and I thank you for it. One clarification I'd like to get is on counting the tall bars. Does it mean any bar over average volume (ie, 1% or more above avg.) or do you want to see some height over the average volume say 10% or more?

Best,

Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by barbados11 View Post
    Hi Mike, I also enjoyed your presentation and I thank you for it. One clarification I'd like to get is on counting the tall bars. Does it mean any bar over average volume (ie, 1% or more above avg.) or do you want to see some height over the average volume say 10% or more?

Best,

Pablo
    Pablo, the tall bars mean the bars that touch or are above the 10-week moving average volume line.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

+ Reply to Thread