+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mike Scott Webinar Today

Quote Originally Posted by mscott View Post
    Pablo, the tall bars mean the bars that touch or are above the 10-week moving average volume line.
    Mike,

Good to know since sometimes there are several bars that are just under the 10 week average so bars that touch the average don't look tall.

Thanks,

Pablo

Mike, do you have any rule about entering a position if the uptrend resumes without a FTD? Today we could since the S&P highs are a whisker away.

Quote Originally Posted by barbados11 View Post
    Mike, do you have any rule about entering a position if the uptrend resumes without a FTD? Today we could since the S&P highs are a whisker away.
    IBD will sometimes turn the buy switch on without a FTD if the S&P or NASDAQ close at a new high (above 1897.28 on the S&P500). The NYSE volume by the way is running just 2% lower than Friday. If I were talking about the NASDAQ making a new high with many stocks setting up in proper bases it would be a near certainty that the buy switch would go back on. Many leading stocks have been damaged and need time to repair, so time to be cautious.

If we had a target rich environment with quality stocks breaking out and working I would consider entering some positions in advance of a FTD. I just don't see it that way right now.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

Quote Originally Posted by mscott View Post
    IBD will sometimes turn the buy switch on without a FTD if the S&P or NASDAQ close at a new high (above 1897.28 on the S&P500). The NYSE volume by the way is running just 2% lower than Friday. If I were talking about the NASDAQ making a new high with many stocks setting up in proper bases it would be a near certainty that the buy switch would go back on. Many leading stocks have been damaged and need time to repair, so time to be cautious.

If we had a target rich environment with quality stocks breaking out and working I would consider entering some positions in advance of a FTD. I just don't see it that way right now.
    Thanks for your input. Sort of my thinking too.

Best,

Pablo

+ Reply to Thread