Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Thanks Mike for sharing your valuable insights as always. Scanning through the list I see lots of familiar names that I've been involved in over 2013. However, I'm not seeing TWTR on this list so wondering how CANSLIM investors & IBD handle such young issues that demonstrated high demands and explosive price actions but yet to have historical earnings?
Ken, I know a few CANSLIM investors who are in TWTR but not many. TWTR shows no earnings and projects no earnings through 2014. Its sales have been growing nicely which is possibly the one excuse to own it. Instead of owning TWTR, in the same industry group are BITA, SFUN and YY. These show tremendous earnings history and at least I would choose them over TWTR. I have learned the hard way that I need a reason to have conviction in my stock selections otherwise I have trouble holding them when they go through a rough patch. All stocks seem to go through rough patches and I tend to sell them at the low print of the rough patch if I don't have conviction.