+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 20DMF

20DMF

As per a request from a user, we are now able to update the 20DMF Zoom section between 30 minutes and one hour after the market closes.

I have also added the OB/OS Zoom figure with the EOD value in the title.
    The zoom section is still updated several times a day.

Pascal

Name:  20DMF_Zoom.gif
Views: 948
Size:  23.2 KB

Pascal,

This is great, thank you and your team! Any thoughts on adding the Avg Inv. Extension to the zoom panel? If I'm not mistaken, the 20DMF EOD model still uses these values and this would help us anticipate entering next day positions.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Pascal,

This is great, thank you and your team! Any thoughts on adding the Avg Inv. Extension to the zoom panel? If I'm not mistaken, the 20DMF EOD model still uses these values and this would help us anticipate entering next day positions.

Harry
    Thank you Harry for your comments.
    Regarding the inversed ETFs, there is no plan to calculate their average TEV extension during the day.

Pascal

Thank you, Pascal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Thank you Harry for your comments.
    Regarding the inversed ETFs, there is no plan to calculate their average TEV extension during the day.
    Pascal
    Thanks for the response Pascal! Permit me to make another request then, is it possible create a spreadsheet somewhere on the sute that saves the pertinent EOD 20DMF data (20DMF, OB/OS, InvETF) for those that keep track? This way, if we miss a day we won't have to pester you for the data.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Thanks for the response Pascal! Permit me to make another request then, is it possible create a spreadsheet somewhere on the sute that saves the pertinent EOD 20DMF data (20DMF, OB/OS, InvETF) for those that keep track? This way, if we miss a day we won't have to pester you for the data.
    Yes, this is possible and I should have done it since a long time.
    I will add a specific link on the 20DMF page, but will do that probably during the day-off tomorrow.

Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Yes, this is possible and I should have done it since a long time.
    I will add a specific link on the 20DMF page, but will do that probably during the day-off tomorrow.
    Pascal
    Thank you!!!!!

Thanks very much, Pascal.

I have one suggestion / request, for when you have a moment: could you please include the MF in the table as well? Currently, it has the 20DMF and OBOS, but, not the individual MFs that make up the 20DMF (the 20DMF being an EMA of 20 MF values, I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by asomani View Post
    Thanks very much, Pascal.

I have one suggestion / request, for when you have a moment: could you please include the MF in the table as well? Currently, it has the 20DMF and OBOS, but, not the individual MFs that make up the 20DMF (the 20DMF being an EMA of 20 MF values, I believe).
    This is correct: the 20DMF is simply the average of the MF of each sector.
    The problem is that I do not keep track of these individual sectors MF.
    The 20DMF and other tools visit all the sectors data and calculate its average on the fly.

This means that if I want to build a table of past MF for individual sectors, I would need to use the sector composition of today, which is different from the sectors composition in the past. We have indeed added stocks in sectors and new sectors too have been added. This means that whatever study we can make of past individual sectors MF would lead to different results compared to the 20DMF measured at that time, because the 20DMF had been using a different sectors composition.

In other words: impossible!

Pascal

Hello Pascal,

The link and table are fantastic, thank you again! Is it possible to add the daily InvETF values to the table too?

Harry

+ Reply to Thread