+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 11 27 LastLast

Thread: +511 Club & +80 RS

+511 Club & +80 RS

Hi-

I am a full-time trader living in Sterling, VA.

I am going to start sharing my work with you guys.

I have learned a lot from Billy, Mike Scott, and Pascal over the years. Now, its time to pay it forward.

I spent 100's of hours last year writing code, which is not my specialty, to implement the Effective Volume concepts, as outlined in Pascal's book, in TradeStation (TS) in the application called RadarScreen (RS).

I now trade on Daily and 1-min time frames.. thanks Pascal !

I took STZ from last summer, as pointed out by Pascal, as my model of steady, institutional accumulation.

I compute LEV across 20d's and focus on 2d, 5d, 10d, 15d & 20d sums. If each of these is progressing smoothly higher, i.e. 20d > 15d > 10d > 5d > 2d then that stocks scores the maximum.. My s/w calls that +511, and that is the +511 club... -511 is bad..

Each month I form a list of names that is based on price and volume cuts, in Mar I am looking at about 2400 names. Each weekend, I cull that list into 8 files of about 120 names, and I watch these like a hawk during the trading day. IMO - the very best set-ups in the market are the +511 with IBD RS ratings of +80 or higher.

I propose to share that select list with you guys everyday..

If I do not have feedback that you want me to continue this, then on May 1st .. I will stop posting.

All my best,

Shawn
    Attached Files

Thank you Shawn.

Your work is very interesting and I will keep an eye on these stocks.
    Every day could be hard to continue. You might do that maybe twice a week so that the burden is not too heavy.

Pascal

Shawn; Thank you for so generously sharing your list. I popped them into HGSI to see if any of them look ripe for a move this week. REGN caught my attention.
    I don't know if you use HGSI so I will explain the 3 gifs.

There is a 17 dma Bollinger Band squeeze or compression of the BB. This view is created by having a 17 dma on the chart with 17P BB varying from 0.5 to 3.29 std dev. A BB squeeze usually precedes significant movement of price. Coming out of the squeeze the initial direction of price frequently can be a head fake in the opposite direction of the real move.

The MMA (multiple moving average) chart has short, intermediate and longer range MAs. The short are green, intermediate blue and longer term red. Convergence of moving averages is similar to compression of a coil. When energy is released it can be powerful. Look at its move in December 2011.

Both of these charts suggest that the REGN spring is set. There is no way to predict price direction, but once unleashed it will probably be strong. I would move this one near the top of the list.

Best regards,
    Robert
    Attached Images      

REGN volume has also quieted down. ADV from 10-50 days varies from 500K-745K. Last 3 days are
    369K, 416K, 277K. Another sign of ripeness.
    Robert
    Attached Images  

REGN & More

Hi-

I look through this list to find the very best, and on top of that, IMO this market is on the edge of a sell signal, so I want to be super-picky on names and entries.. this is not Jan 2013 or Fall 2010.. or Spring 2009..

I have been watching REGN for sometime - IMO, tomorrow its probably not the day .. thinking it needs time..

My best pivot ideas for trading tomorrow:

CELG, HW, AEGR & CCOI - not all of these may be in the list I posted, but they were on Th or Fri morning.. (we need to follow these names for a few days..)

Also, I live on my profits and losses, and I am strongly inclined not to trade tomorrow b/c I do not see the market as providing wind at our back.. I determine this by mostly looking at the 5d and 10d up and down volume on $NYA and $COMPQ - and only entering new trades when its all green (I cheat sometimes, e.g. I had a little to FNGN on Fri when things were about like there are right now for ) . Right now, I am about 15% invested..

If the market power trends tomorrow, of course, I am going to go long the best set-ups hard. So, I try not to predict. When I am at my best, I react..

Thanks for responding,

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_molodow View Post
    Hi-

I look through this list to find the very best, and on top of that, IMO this market is on the edge of a sell signal, so I want to be super-picky on names and entries.. this is not Jan 2013 or Fall 2010.. or Spring 2009..

I have been watching REGN for sometime - IMO, tomorrow its probably not the day .. thinking it needs time..

My best pivot ideas for trading tomorrow:

CELG, HW, AEGR & CCOI - not all of these may be in the list I posted, but they were on Th or Fri morning.. (we need to follow these names for a few days..)

Also, I live on my profits and losses, and I am strongly inclined not to trade tomorrow b/c I do not see the market as providing wind at our back.. I determine this by mostly looking at the 5d and 10d up and down volume on $NYA and $COMPQ - and only entering new trades when its all green (I cheat sometimes, e.g. I had a little to FNGN on Fri when things were about like there are right now for ) . Right now, I am about 15% invested..

If the market power trends tomorrow, of course, I am going to go long the best set-ups hard. So, I try not to predict. When I am at my best, I react..

Thanks for responding,

Shawn
    I see REGN as a fifth stage base with three high volume sell off weeks and no high volume up weeks in the base. Bollinger squeezes don't predict the direction of the next move.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

For Tu, Mar 26, 2013 - +511 Club (all) & +511Club w/ only RS +80 Names

Hi-

I am going to post the longer list of +511 names, 114 names for tomorrow.

Along with the culling only the names with RS +80, 41 names for tomorrow.

Take care,

Shawn
    Attached Files

For Wed, Mar 27, 2013 - +511 Club (and w/ +80 RS culled)

Hi-

120 names in the +511 Club for Wed, and 44 that are +80 RS.+511 Club - Mar 27, 2013.xlsx+511 Club & +80 RS - Mar 27, 2013.xlsx

Remember that a TS Plug-In is available from Pascal if you would like to see the LEV, SEV, & TEV w/ TradeStation.

Also, I believe Frank Tiberia is still making TS available at no charge with a few thousand in an account.

I am struggling with replying to some of the private messages, so its easiest for me if you would directly email me at shawn_molodow@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Shawn+511 Club - Mar 27, 2013.xlsx+511 Club & +80 RS - Mar 27, 2013.xlsx

124 names in +511 Club & 41 +80 RS

+ Reply to Thread