Quote Originally Posted by DJones View Post
So...just to be clear...if there is no confirmation before the close, you would stay long even though the bot has issued a (unconfirmed) short signal.

Personally, I'm inclined to stay long here, even into the weekend though I recognize the risk with that. Why? In the past, looking at a longer term (5, 10, even 15 day) comparison of MF and price has given a good sense of where the price is relative to where we would expect it to be given the MF over that time period. In some cases, and this is shaping up to be one, the drawdown gets a little frisky, but eventually that longer time frame has correctly predicted a winning trade. Looking at the longer term (5/10/15) now sure makes one think the next move is to the upside. I'll admit, though, looking at a 20 day time period that answer is a little less clear.
Good to talk about this. I am long as well, but was perhaps considering what to do if things had deteriorated. The 'Next signal strenght' would indicate that shorting, or maybe position sizing if one wanted to short, is answered there. In other words, shorting is ill advised. Looks like the dip was a great buying opportunity. Hey Djone, Dave