+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: GDX Next Buy signal

gdx is whipsawing :(
    I have opened a long trade at the open that I have closed once the short signal had a confidence of 50%

Th confidence is now (11:37 New-York Time) above 70%.
    Maybe a stupid question: what happens if intraday the confidence goes above 80% - is there a possibility that it then again drops below?
    If so, should we wait until 30 minutes before the close to act

Quote Originally Posted by pdp-brugge View Post
    gdx is whipsawing :(
    I have opened a long trade at the open that I have closed once the short signal had a confidence of 50%

Th confidence is now (11:37 New-York Time) above 70%.
    Maybe a stupid question: what happens if intraday the confidence goes above 80% - is there a possibility that it then again drops below?
    If so, should we wait until 30 minutes before the close to act
    At 80%, the short trade will be opened and the confidence level will stop being shown.
    At 80%, it means that "that far in the trading day, only 20% of the time did the MF move back up to the short limit"

Pascal

Ok. Clear. Thanks

Pascal,

I find the current information on the "GDX Real-Time View" somewhat confusing.
    It states that the last close was "Bought Protected" although the current state is "Short Protected".
    In the next signal message there are two lines that say the same:
    - We will buy when the MF crosses above 0.014%
    - We will buy when the MF crosses above Average + 0.014%

I noticed that a few minutes before the close yesterday there was a buy protected target at +/- -0.46%.
    This level was reached whitin seconds of the close but the confidence level was very low.
    Is the false "last close" message coming from this target that was just hit within seconds of the close?
    Was that buy level (- 0.46%) a false one?
    Is the GDX RT now still short?

Please advice

There is indeed a software error in the programming of the logic.
    The RT system had one status change yesterday and tried a second status change, which should have been disabled, because the EOD system itself can only have one status change a day.

The GDX model is still short and will turn long if we cross over the 0 level.

If we had closed below the average (and we closed just above it), then the model would have turned long on a move above that average; this is what the RT system tried to do at the EOD, but such a decision should not have happened as we already had one signal change during the day.

We are correcting this so that we start the day in a short mode as should be the case.

Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by pdp-brugge View Post
    Pascal,

I find the current information on the "GDX Real-Time View" somewhat confusing.
    It states that the last close was "Bought Protected" although the current state is "Short Protected".
    In the next signal message there are two lines that say the same:
    - We will buy when the MF crosses above 0.014%
    - We will buy when the MF crosses above Average + 0.014%

I noticed that a few minutes before the close yesterday there was a buy protected target at +/- -0.46%.
    This level was reached whitin seconds of the close but the confidence level was very low.
    Is the false "last close" message coming from this target that was just hit within seconds of the close?
    Was that buy level (- 0.46%) a false one?
    Is the GDX RT now still short?

Please advice

+ Reply to Thread