There hasn't been a lot of things to say recently. I thought for a moment today that Pascal's oversold bounce buy opportunity was going to show up when AAPL started to stage a rally. AAPL didn't finish its attempt and retreated the final two hours.
The market is very weak but we should eventually get a bounce that could rally the NASDAQ up to its 200-day or the declining 50-day. Assuming this to be the eventual case this sets up a possible head and shoulders top pattern. If the pattern sets up with the current low as the right shoulder low, the subsequent downside price projection is 2461, presumably occuring over the first half of 2014. The FED may have other plans for the market trajectory but the H&S top target could make this a mild bear market with 23% correction. The news feels worse than this but this is what I read in the charts if they continue to develop as suggested.

BIDU reached its logical short covering point today as it undercut its July low. When logical covering places are showing up, it is not a time for me to consider additional shorts until a new "stalling" rally can identified.

Shorting stocks with FED QE underwy is an uncomfortable game and it is quite acceptable to go to the beach instead. We will be entering a seasonally strong period with low trading volume soon, quite a troublesome mixture for playing the short side. So it is my hope that we get a tradable bounce that lasts atleast through year end.

However much the rubberband is stretched I don't really detect a capitulation move yet. A lower move prior to a bounce would lower the eventual downside price target.