+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 20DMF

20DMF

Today's pattern looks like the pattern of the previous days.
    If the S&P500 cannot make a new high and if the MF pushes back down then this will be a sign of weakness (another one).

On the other hand, the GDX MF is rather strong and going toward the Overbought level.

Pascal

Name:  20DMF_RT.gif
Views: 368
Size:  34.8 KB

Name:  GDX_MF.gif
Views: 467
Size:  35.7 KB

Pascal,

Yesterday the PM RT MF briefly touched 1.35 and then reversed. How do you consider that, also for the stats?

1 Nothing at all, as it has to go above 1.35 (and possibly reverse back below it).

2 It covered the Buy signal but didn't trigger a Short signal.

3 It covered the Buy signal and triggered a Short signal.

I believe that technically it's 1 (unfortunately), but I'm not sure.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano View Post
    Pascal,

Yesterday the PM RT MF briefly touched 1.35 and then reversed. How do you consider that, also for the stats?

1 Nothing at all, as it has to go above 1.35 (and possibly reverse back below it).

2 It covered the Buy signal but didn't trigger a Short signal.

3 It covered the Buy signal and triggered a Short signal.

I believe that technically it's 1 (unfortunately), but I'm not sure.

Thank you.
    As a matter of fact, the max value was 1.3477%. Therefore, technically, we did not cross over the 1.35%.
    If we had crossed over and then back below it, then the RT MF would have turned to cash, because the volatility level is lower than the limit for short trades.

You will note that the GDX Robot is in cash, because the trailing stop was hit when the KCG trading Algo turned mad about 10 days ago. On the other hand, the Short/Long settings stats states that IF the GDX MF turns short, then the Robot will also go short.

The positive point about gold is that we are entering into the seasonally positive period, with a lot of QE hopes and talks. This is what is supporting the price of the miners. However, increasing energy costs are a big negative.

Pascal

Name:  GDX_RT.gif
Views: 402
Size:  27.7 KB

Thank you for the explanation. Which means that a displayed value of 1.35 is actually between 1.3451 and 1.3550, right? If that's the case, wouldn't be better not to round it, like it's still 1.34 until it's 1.3499? Or display more digits? But perhaps you can't control that at the moment, I don't know...

Yesterday the PM MF went higher than 1.35, at 11.17, and then briefly lower, at 11.19 and again at 11.21, so the RT bot is in cash, correct? I'm just asking for a confirmation.

Thank you.

Adriano

I was indeed expecting this question.
    I'll write a specific article about it.

Pascal

So what is the current status of the RT GDX bot? Tks.

So what does "Bought Overbought" mean on the RT status indicator? Tks

Bought Overbought means that the protection level is raised to the overbought level. In other words, when the signal crosses below the Overbought level, then the model is in sell or short mode depending on the volatility.

Today, with a low volatility, the model is in sell mode when crossing below the 1.35% level.

Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Bought Overbought means that the protection level is raised to the overbought level. In other words, when the signal crosses below the Overbought level, then the model is in sell or short mode depending on the volatility.
    Today, with a low volatility, the model is in sell mode when crossing below the 1.35% level.
    Pascal
    Doesn't that imply that the model is long and waiting for a crossover to close? What am I missing here?

+ Reply to Thread