+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here Comes The Bounce? - May 9, 2012

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by pdp-brugge View Post
    Pascal,

The 20DMF will go in BUY mode if the OB/OS is above -30 end of day, correct?
    What is today the level of porosity for a 20DMF CASH signal?

PdP
    The porosity level is fixed at 0.11%. I did not back-test a variable porosity level.
    If we cross over 0.11% at the close while the OB/OS stays below +30 at the close, then we turn neutral. If the OB/OS crosses above +30 by the close, then we turn to Buy mode.

Pascal

Sorry to ask again, but is the OB/OS trigger not a move above -30 (minus 30) ?

Quote Originally Posted by pdp-brugge View Post
    Sorry to ask again, but is the OB/OS trigger not a move above -30 (minus 30) ?
    The OB/OS signal allows to enter a "Short protected" mode when the OB/OS crosses below -30. This mode allows to force a BUY signal if we cross above OB/OS +30. This rule allows to enter a buy signal even when the OB/OS does not enter the oversold territory but bounces off from "close to oversold." This bounce is registered when OB/OS crosses above +30. The move between -30 and +30 is usually very fast, because this occurs when the whole market moves up and hence, all the sectors move up.

If the OB/OS for example comes down to -25 but then bounces from that level and above +30, then no Buy signal can be issued.

Pascal

Calculation of yearly, quarterly, monthly pivots

Billy,

Would you mind explaining how these are set? I think that I saw in previous posts that they are set at the end of the period, but then again, with software, these could easily be updated dynamically on a day to day basis. Can you educate me (apologize for my ignorance here) on how they are calculated. Thanks

Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by canucck View Post
    Billy,

Would you mind explaining how these are set? I think that I saw in previous posts that they are set at the end of the period, but then again, with software, these could easily be updated dynamically on a day to day basis. Can you educate me (apologize for my ignorance here) on how they are calculated. Thanks

Mike M
    It’s all explained in that thread.
    http://www.effectivevolume.com/showt...ath+resistance
    Billy

thanks for the info

+ Reply to Thread