+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GDX Robot Reverses To A Long Position - March 26, 2012

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    This indeed could be an inde for further improvements.
    As of now, the GDX RT has turned to a short position and will revert to a long if/when we revert above the + porosity level.

I will post the trades track record in a few minutes.

Pascal

Attachment 13596
    The EOD and RT trades are attached.

Pascal

Name:  GDX Returns.gif
Views: 251
Size:  20.6 KBName:  GDX Returns RT.gif
Views: 343
Size:  22.3 KB

Billy,

I really don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s just an idea. Very simply for the RT system only, the larger the gap, just increase the porosity level incrementally. If price had opened flat today, use .089%. If price gaps a certain percent, just increase porosity levels a certain percent, for that day only. Porosity levels are based on past volatility but it seems to me gaps are an increase in intra day volatility, so increase the level for the day, if we gap. Or increase the lower porosity level for gap ups, and decrease the upper porosity level for gap downs. I didn’t expect MF to get to -0.27, but I did expect price to fall off from open, as most of the white candles have tails from gap ups. I was wondering how MF would react. It will be interesting to see if that was the low MF for the day.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davidallison@shaw.ca View Post
    Billy,

I really don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s just an idea. Very simply for the RT system only, the larger the gap, just increase the porosity level incrementally. If price had opened flat today, use .089%. If price gaps a certain percent, just increase porosity levels a certain percent, for that day only. Porosity levels are based on past volatility but it seems to me gaps are an increase in intra day volatility, so increase the level for the day, if we gap. Or increase the lower porosity level for gap ups, and decrease the upper porosity level for gap downs. I didn’t expect MF to get to -0.27, but I did expect price to fall off from open, as most of the white candles have tails from gap ups. I was wondering how MF would react. It will be interesting to see if that was the low MF for the day.

Dave
    Dave, these are very constructive logical observations and we'll take them into account for further improvements.
    As you know, we are all discovering the RT tools. It is incredible how fast Pascal has already made the RT model effective. And I won't even talk yet about even better advances that are in the pipeline.
    That's what's so exciting about the EV website adventure: continuous interaction with the users make all this a collective work in progress for approaching perfection!
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by davidallison@shaw.ca View Post
    Billy,

Dave
    Looks interesting! I'll think about this.

Pascal

Is the message on the RT view intended to be updated in real time? Or is it for the status of the EOD system?

Name:  ss.PNG
Views: 672
Size:  10.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by senco View Post
    Is the message on the RT view intended to be updated in real time? Or is it for the status of the EOD system?

Attachment 13599
    Yes, Pascal forced the messages into EOD mode for beta testing.
    Normally, after the beta period, there will be no ambiguities like now.
    Billy

+ Reply to Thread