+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GDX Robot Reverses To A Long Position - March 26, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by senco View Post
    Is the message on the RT view intended to be updated in real time? Or is it for the status of the EOD system?

Attachment 13599
    Yes, Pascal forced the messages into EOD mode for beta testing.
    Normally, after the beta period, there will be no ambiguities like now.
    Billy

Pascal,

Thank you for posting the trades. Looking at the track record for the RT system, it makes one a little nervous being aggressively long. Had we not spent that brief moment on Friday above +0.10% the RT stop would be Average MF minus porosity, and RT would still be long, correct?

Thank you for being so generous with your time.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davidallison@shaw.ca View Post
    Pascal,

Thank you for posting the trades. Looking at the track record for the RT system, it makes one a little nervous being aggressively long. Had we not spent that brief moment on Friday above +0.10% the RT stop would be Average MF minus porosity, and RT would still be long, correct?

Thank you for being so generous with your time.

Dave
    Yes Dave, you are right. FYI, both Pascal and I are still long and trading the EOD signals. If this is a major bottom in formation as everything is suggesting, it's better to be flexible and give less weight to intraday zigs and zags.
    Billy

Thanks Billy, Will this make you smile? http://www.wimp.com/dadipad/

Quote Originally Posted by davidallison@shaw.ca View Post
    Thanks Billy, Will this make you smile? http://www.wimp.com/dadipad/
    Very funny! So let's put our RT model in the dishwasher for a change!
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Yes Dave, you are right. FYI, both Pascal and I are still long and trading the EOD signals. If this is a major bottom in formation as everything is suggesting, it's better to be flexible and give less weight to intraday zigs and zags.
    Billy
    I am indeed still long because I am looking at the RT system in the context of a back-tested EOD system.
    The RT system can have many "jumps" as we all have noted and lead to whipsaws.

What is clear to me is that there is another protection level below the average. This will be triggered for the EOD.
    As of now (Today,) even if gold is attractive, we cannot witness money moving back into gold miners. That could be an issue, but I know that the trade is protected by a short/Sell signal just below the average. So I'll keep the position for now.

Also, note that unless otherwise stated, the messages are related to the EOD position. The reason for this is that the GDX Robot relies on the GDX MF for its signal and hence the system tunes to the EOD situation. For us to see the RT signal, we'd have to force feed it with the RT position.

Pascal

Name:  GDX_RT.gif
Views: 359
Size:  28.2 KB

+ Reply to Thread