+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Neutral Day For GDX Money Flow - March 22,2012

Quote Originally Posted by davidallison@shaw.ca View Post
    I guess the action of slowly drifting into this position perhaps might temper one’s enthusiasm for the ‘seriously long’ position. I’m watching for acceleration of Price and Money Flow, to offer a clue.
    Unfortunately, I agree. Enthusiasm tempered.

I'm still looking at price decline in the GDX from 50.11 with MF at -0.86% to 48.74 with MF at -0.44%. Money has come in, and fairly steadily, and the price has had a couple of big gaps down. For me, a good test of the fundamental approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    OK. The RT shorting message is wrong. I'll revert the messages to monitoring the EOD signal and will review the error on the RT Message.

Pascal
    No worries. Billy's great to post here so we know what the RT is doing. It's easy to ignore the message on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by DJones View Post
    I'm still looking at price decline in the GDX from 50.11 with MF at -0.86% to 48.74 with MF at -0.44%. Money has come in, and fairly steadily, and the price has had a couple of big gaps down. For me, a good test of the fundamental approach.
    DJones,
    For sure. I've been buying calls on NUGT out to Arpril and May, at the same time had some crash protection with puts on GDX that expire Friday. Sure glad I had the protection. I sold the puts this morning and adding the the NUGT calls. Have to see how the day unfolds.
    Dave

Anticipation

If we anticipate that the average MF will be 0.10% lower tomorrow, a buy signal will be at
    -0.52 +0.13 = -0.37% and a protective short signal would follow at -0.52 -0.13= -0.65%.
    So, if MF stabilizes until the close at or above -0.37% the long signal could be triggered at the open tomorrow, but would need to stay there until the close tomorrow for a long EOD signal.
    Billy

Looks like the EOD robot will switch to long pos too (if no surprise comes in the last 5 min.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wei View Post
    Looks like the EOD robot will switch to long pos too (if no surprise comes in the last 5 min.)
    The average + porosity limit (-0.29%) was not touched. Very weak MF in the closing minutes. EOD robot stays short.
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    The average + porosity limit (-0.29%) was not touched. Very weak MF in the closing minutes. EOD robot stays short.
    Billy
    RT still long, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by DJones View Post
    RT still long, eh?
    Yes. A RT short signal could only happen after Mf has hit average + porosity if it falls below average MF MINUS porosity. We are in whipsaw territory again and porosity range is here to confirm the signals.
    Billy

+ Reply to Thread