+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 36 LastLast

Thread: Combo-MF, a simple and robust trading strategy ?!?

Update for June 15, 2012

Status MFs:
    The VStpro model is LONG since June 6.
    The 20DMF has gone NEUTRAL yesterday.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is now again LONG.
    The PM MF is SHORT since June 7.

My current trades:
    I have a SHORT trade in GDX since June 8 and a LONG trade in UXI since June 11.
    I will open a new long trade in TQQQ at the open today.

Possible changes:
    The VSTpro is still LONG. The MA has turned (very slightly) up yesterday. Because this MA is going up there is no possiblity for the VSTpro to go SHORT at EOD today.
    The 20DMF is NEUTRAL since yesterday. As long as the 20DMF does not go SHORT again, the Combo-MF will stay LONG.

Disclaimer: this information is not an investment advice on what to trade next

Update for June 18, 2012

Status MFs:
    The 20DMF is NEUTRAL since June 14.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is LONG.

My current trades:
    I have a SHORT trade in GDX since June 8, a LONG trade in UXI since June 11 and a LONG trade in TQQQ since June 15.

Possible changes:
    The VSTpro is still LONG. The MA is still going up. Because of this, there is no possiblity for the VSTpro to go SHORT at EOD today.
    The 20DMF is still NEUTRAL. As long as the 20DMF does not go SHORT again, the Combo-MF will stay LONG.

Update for June 19, 2012

Status MFs:
    The 20DMF is NEUTRAL since June 14.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is LONG.

My current trades:
    I have a SHORT trade in GDX since June 8, a LONG trade in UXI since June 11 and a LONG trade in TQQQ since June 15.

Possible changes:
    The VSTpro is still LONG. The MA is still going up. Because of this, there is no possiblity for the VSTpro to go SHORT at EOD today.
    The 20DMF is still NEUTRAL. As long as the 20DMF does not go SHORT again, the Combo-MF will stay LONG.

Update for June 20, 2012

No changes for today

Any data on trades for 2012 YTD?

Hi PDP,

Have you tracked the performance of the simple signals you provide through 2012 at all? The simple 2011 spreadsheet shows promise. While I know there were some weeks in 2012 where Combo-MF had a rough patch, on the whole it seems to show generally good moves. It is also more to my liking, as I am not able to work with RT signals.

Thank you,

-Mike

Update for June 21, 2012

No changes for today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike,

Attached is a spreadsheet with the Combo-MF performance of this year. Keep in mind that I follow these signals and that I use TQQQ/SQQQ as vehicles. My back tests (from summer 2008 until now) have shown that followng the Combo-MF signals using QQQ is much better than SPY or IWM.
    As you noticed, we have had some bumpy road in the last few months but I hope that things will go a little better from now on.

Regards,

PdP

Attachment 14803

Update for June 22, 2012

Status MFs:
    The 20DMF has gone SHORT yesterday.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is now in CASH due to the conflict between the two models.

My current trades:
    I have a SHORT trade in GDX since June 8.
    I will close my long trades in UXI and TQQQ at the open today and start new long trades in SIJ and SMN.

Possible changes:
    The 20DMF is now in CASH . As long as the 20DMF does not go LONG or goes to CASH, the Combo-MF will stay in CASH.

Last edited by pdp-brugge; 06-22-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Update for June 25, 2012

Status MFs:
    The 20DMF is SHORT since June 21.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is in CASH due to the conflict between the two models.

My current trades:
    I have a SHORT trade in GDX since June 8 and have long trades in SIJ and SMN since June 22.

Possible changes:
    The 20DMF is still SHORT . As long as the 20DMF does not go LONG or goes to CASH, the Combo-MF will stay in CASH.

Update for June 26, 2012

No changes for today

Update for June 27, 2012

No changes for today

+ Reply to Thread