+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst 1 11 21 36 LastLast

Thread: Combo-MF, a simple and robust trading strategy ?!?

Update for June 5, 2012

Status MFs:
    The VStpro model is SHORT since May 30.
    According to the posts of Pascal, I consider the 20DMF now in CASH.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is SHORT since June 1.
    The PM MF is LONG since May 17.

My current trades:
    I have long trades in SMN and SQQQ.

Possible changes:
    The VSTpro is still SHORT. The first condition for the VSTpro to go LONG again is a close above the MA. Therefor we need a close today above 1309.81 There are other conditions as well but the close above the MA is essential.
    Unless the 20DMF goes LONG again, which is very unlikely, the Combo-MF will remain SHORT.

Disclaimer: this information is not an investment advice on what to trade next

Update for June 6, 2012

Status MFs:
    The VStpro model is SHORT since May 30.
    According to the posts of Pascal, I consider the 20DMF now in CASH.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is SHORT since June 1.

My current trades:
    I have long trades in SMN and SQQQ.

Possible changes:
    The VSTpro is still SHORT. The first condition for the VSTpro to go LONG again is a close above the MA. Therefor we need a close today above 1306.79 There are other conditions as well but the close above the MA is essential.
    Unless the 20DMF goes LONG again, the Combo-MF will remain SHORT.

It looks like the S&P500 is going to close above his 14SMA. This is a vital trigger for the VSTpro to go LONG again. The other conditions are also met. With the VSTpro going LO?NG again and the 20DMF still assumed to be in cash, I consider the Combo-MF again LONG.
    If this stays so until the close, I will close my long SQQQ and SMN trades and open a new long trade in TQQQ.

PdP

Great Stuff

Thank you PdP for the updates. I just want to say I follow this thread daily and although I use my own system it rarely goes against one of the trades from this method. It has been very appreciated.

Update for May 7, 2012

Status MFs:
    The VStpro model has gone LONG again yesterday.
    The 20DMF is considered to be LONG.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is now LONG again.

My current trades:
    I have closed my long trades in SMN and SQQQ at the close yesterday.
    I have opened a new long trade in TQQQ at the close yesterday.
    I will open new long trades in UXI and UYM at the open today.

Possible changes:
    The VSTpro has gone LONG again yesterday. Although this is a positive sign, the changes for a whipsaw are great because the MA of the S&P500 is still decending. A declining MA is one of the conditions for the VSTpro to trigger a SHORT. If the close today or on one of the following days (as long as the MA is going down) is below the open then we have a trigger for the VSTpro to go SHORT again.
    If this does not happen and unless the 20DMF goes SHORT again, the Combo-MF will remain LONG.

Update for June 8, 2012

Status MFs:
    The VStpro model is LONG since June 6.
    The 20DMF has gone SHORT yesterday.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is now in CASH due to the conflict between the two models.
    The PM MF is SHORT since yesterday.

My current trades:
    I have closed my long trade in TQQQ at the close yesterday.
    I will close my open long trades in UXI and UYM at the open today.
    I will open a new short trade in GDX at the open today.

Possible changes:
    The VSTpro is still LONG. The MA has gone upwards again. Therefor is a trigger to go short not possible today.
    Unless the 20DMF goes LONG or to CASH again, the Combo-MF will remain in CASH.

Update for June 11, 2012

Status MFs:
    The 20DMF has gone to CASH last Friday.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is now again LONG.
    The PM MF is SHORT since yesterday.

My current trades:
    I have a SHORT trade in GDX since June 8.
    I will open new long trades in TQQQ and UXI at the open today.

Possible changes:
    The VSTpro is still LONG. The MA is still going upwards. Therefor is a trigger to go short not possible today or tomorrow.
    Unless the 20DMF goes SHORT again, the Combo-MF will remain LONG.

Update for June 12, 2012

Status MFs:
    The 20DMF has gone SHORT yesterday.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is now again in CASH.
    The PM MF is SHORT since June 7.

My current trades:
    I have a SHORT trade in GDX since June 8 and a LONG trade in UXI since June 11.
    I have closed my trade in TQQQ yesterday at the close.

Possible changes:
    The VSTpro is still LONG. The MA has started to go down again. If this MA still goes down at EOD, the close is below the open and the high of the day is above the MA then the VSTpro will go SHORT again.
    If this happens and the 20DMF stays SHORT (or goes to cash) then the Combo-MF will also go SHORT.

Last edited by pdp-brugge; 06-12-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Update for June 13, 2012

Status MFs:
    The 20DMF is SHORT since June 11.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF remains in CASH due to the conflict between the two models.

My current trades:

Possible changes:
    The VSTpro is still LONG. The MA has turned (very slightly) upwards again yesterday. As long as this MA is going up, there is no possiblity for the VSTpro to go SHORT. Even if the MA goes down again today, there can be no change in the LONG condition of the VSTpro at EOD today.
    The 20DMF is very close to covering its SHORT condition. If this happens and the VSTpro stays LONG then the Combo-MF will go LONG again.

Update for June 14, 2012

Status MFs:
    The 20DMF is SHORT since June 11.
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF remains in CASH due to the conflict between the two models.

My current trades:

Possible changes:
    The VSTpro is still LONG. The MA has turned (very slightly) downwards yesterday. Because this MA is going down again, there is a possiblity for the VSTpro to go SHORT at EOD today.
    The 20DMF is very close to covering its SHORT condition. If this happens and the VSTpro stays LONG then the Combo-MF will go LONG again.
    If the 20DMF stays SHORT (or goes to CASH) and the trigger is set for the VSTpro to go SHORT, then the Combo-MF will also go SHORT.

+ Reply to Thread