+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combo-MF, a simple and robust trading strategy ?!?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by pdp-brugge View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

I am going to share the status of Combo-MF in this thread.

The VStpro model is LONG since October 6, 2011
    The 20DMF is NEUTRAL since January 4, 2012
    Following my judgement the Combo-MF is LONG
    The PM MF has turned SHORT on March 2, 2012
    I am personally long TQQQ since January 5, 2012 and am going long DUST tomorow March 5th at the open.

Disclosure: this information is not an investment advice on what to trade next
    PDP,

I like the idea of using the MF/EV method with other methods.
    Since you want to continue updating us with the method results, I will be this thread "sticky," so that it appears at the top of the list.

Pascal

Pascal,

Thanks for making this threat “sticky”. I am going to post each day the current settings of the Combo-MF model.
    The research/back tests that I have done on the Combo-MF idea is just a mind teaser for me. I want to learn to trade in a professional way and become good at it.
    I have the time to learn and a serious technical background in accounting and software development. I am not visual skilled and find it very hard to see, recognize or trust patterns on a quote chart. Therefore I look at numbers and try to find patterns or connections between the different numerical information that is at hand in the financial market.
    My intention is to create a mechanical trading system that I can trust because I have back tested it myself. Such a system must have as few as possible decision knobs because otherwise I find it too rigid for failures.
    I have a way that I trust my intuition but only after I have trustworthy evidence. My intuition tells me that there should be a way to build a mechanical trading system with the EV data at hand for trading the best stocks in the best sectors. A mechanical trading system that I would trust would have to work without human intervention to exclude the most common errors in trading: fear and greed.
    I have some ideas and would like to do thorough research and back testing. Since I only have been a member of this forum since October 2011, I only have 5 months of EV data on individual stocks.
    Is there a way that I can obtain EV data for individual stocks as far back as possible?
    I think I would need the values “Strength Aver Tot EV”, “Extension Tot EV”, “LER” and “Rating” for each stock for every day.
    How can I collect this information?
    PdP

+ Reply to Thread