+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IWM Robot Fail-Safe Freeze

Hybrid View

Billy / Pascal,

Would it be possible to keep the IWM robot active for information purposes only? Perhaps just put a disclaimer on the page.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davidallison@shaw.ca View Post
    Billy / Pascal,

Would it be possible to keep the IWM robot active for information purposes only? Perhaps just put a disclaimer on the page.

Dave
    Dave,
    Yes, all statistics and the multi-pivot spreadsheet will normally be automatically updated as usual on the robot page. But the message will be “no advised position”.

Greg and Trader D, both of your questions are more in Pascal’s field of expertise than mine and I will let him answer.

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Dave,
    Yes, all statistics and the multi-pivot spreadsheet will normally be automatically updated as usual on the robot page. But the message will be “no advised position”.

Greg and Trader D, both of your questions are more in Pascal’s field of expertise than mine and I will let him answer.

Billy
    Suggest to color code the robot message in RED: "Please note that the IWM Robot short positions should be avoided until the 20DMF is out of its neutral stance. The trades stated below are for information only."

Pascal,

Could you elaborate more on what the thinking was behind the IWM Robot "following" the last 20DMF non-cash signal?

If I understand the Model correctly, the Robot is trained to lean in the direction of the last 20DMF buy/sell signal when looking for a trade. I'm wondering why - if the 20DMF itself is neutral - the Robot doesn't approach the question of long/short in the same fashion, i.e., unbiased, when looking for new trades...until the 20DMF gives a new non-neutral signal.

+ Reply to Thread