+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1-23-2012 Close Comments

1-23-2012 Close Comments

I was away in Palm Springs over the weekend and so have been quiet. I continue to be impressed about how well the IBD Market School timing model navigates new trends and takes you out of the market near the top. We started with a +1 count (30% invested) on December 20th and built up to 90% in by January 3 close and 100% invested long by January 6. We have remained at all-in now for 10 straight trading days. All of my positions are up: KORS, MNST, TDG, SWI and GLD.

I was glad to see Jerry build a new leaders index. This one should be much better set up to catch a breakdown in leadership in case that occurs. Right now we have zero distribution in the 25-day back look count on the NASDAQ. TDG broke out today on substantial volume. I own it from the pocket pivot buy point on Thursday. CXO, STMP, HIBB, ULTA and LULU showed pocket pivot buy points today. MNST has shown five pocket pivots in the last six trading days.

Leading stock breakdowns GOOG, QCOR and ISRG however are telling a different story.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

IBD Market School Timing Model

Being new to the Canslim forum- can you expound on the "IBD Market School Timing Model" and any references where we can learn more about this?
    thx
    -kim mcmorries

Quote Originally Posted by kimmd View Post
    Being new to the Canslim forum- can you expound on the "IBD Market School Timing Model" and any references where we can learn more about this?
    thx
    -kim mcmorries
    Kim,

Please scroll back in the CANSLIM forum to a post I made on October 24, 2011. The title of the post is Market School. I talk about the timing model there. Also look at some subsequent posts on the subject.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

+ Reply to Thread