Nick,

I saw your original post on this thread -- One sentence I read a couple of year ago came to mind.

"You never can be a free man if you don't trade your own systems" -- the article went further that if you needed others for trading signals you run the risk of one day finding yourself without a business; just because an 'outsider' decided to go another route.

Daily I appreciate Billy's and Pascal's post - their discipline is a guiding example (I fall short on the discipline to the repetitive aspects of our chosen profession). Mike and Paul are also examples (to me) on how to stay the course with a set stock picking method.

My start in this profession has been an uphill fight. It took me several YEARS to find a niche which worked and fitted my personality. For instance IBDs works - I am convinced years ago - It doesn't work for me because after analyzing hundredth charts I see a cup and handle in everyone of them. Trend follow works, but again not for me - I close the working trades to early so I never have a great runner and a great winner. Example I made "great" money with CMG and NFLX between 50 and 55 (lol); completely missing out on the rest of the run.

It is only after I found my niche and found the discipline to concentrate my trading towards that discipline that I started to make some head way.

I feel your frustration and can only say "stay the course" and try to claim your corner in this market. Tell me if I can help.

Ernst