+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Apocalypse Yet – December 13, 2011

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by barbados11 View Post
    Billy,

As always, great stuff and thank you. Do you still embrace the concept of the first move after the FOMC announcement is a head fake for our discretionary trades?

Regards,

Pablo
    Pablo,
    Yes beware of the very first move. The real move takes several seconds to one minute to be “collegially” decided by large players depending on the announcement content.
    Billy

Thank you Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Pablo,
    Yes beware of the very first move. The real move takes several seconds to one minute to be “collegially” decided by large players depending on the announcement content.
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Pablo,
    Billy
    Indeed, the markets get so illiquid just prior to the announcement that a few hundred ES contracts can really move the market. Also, the announcements can be been late, (recently by up to ten minutes) depending upon the health of the fax and copy machines at the Fed and Treasury (no joke here). I wait for the embargoed headlines on a news feed to confirm the release actually occurred. Here's a free one:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/newsviewer

looking at past FOMC trade post-mortem

Hi Billy,

I've been looking at this analysis, conducted by you in September after an FOMC trade.

Can I ask what you plan do do should the market decide to sell off against our robot positions hard after the announcement?

Many thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
    Hi Billy,

I've been looking at this analysis, conducted by you in September after an FOMC trade.

Can I ask what you plan do do should the market decide to sell off against our robot positions hard after the announcement?

Many thanks,
    I will act like a robot and let the trade pan out until stop is hit or overnight signal change. I haven't boarded this boat before thinking first it might sink. I took it because waters are not too deep for me on this trip and I have my safety buoy (stop) with me.
    Billy

Aye, aye skipper!

+ Reply to Thread