Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
I went through EV/VIT archives and found you as one of the earliest posters.

Emotional state? I'm a natural bear. So, naturally, I'm uncomfortable going long and always sell out of my positions too quickly.

I'm delighted to have a re-entry permit. But I'm thinking seriously about slapping on a TZA hedge. We might trend down, down, down in a ring of fire.

And you?
Hi Nickola,

I am quite long in the tooth at this investing game, 22 years full time, and I have been through the complete gamut of emotional experiences.

This long apprenticeship has made me VERY, VERY conscious of the value of the non-emotional signals of the Robots and reduced my own inputs to virtually nil. (I still tend to day-trade a little when I get bored, but this will have to stop !).

Hedges are for investors who lack confidence in their systems IMHO and are subject to our emotional state at the moment in time we enter them . We have stops to replace hedging.

How confident am I in the Robots ? I only trade the 3X ETF's which gives you some idea.

The most important thing I have learned in 22 years ? ALL HUMAN EMOTION MUST BE CUT FROM THE PROCESS.

In other words, I am not allowed the luxury of an opinion of the market direction. !!!!!

Trev.

(The only thing I am concerned about is that the Robots do not perform as well going forward as they have in the past but if they only perform half as well I will be very pleased) :O)