+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Neutral Day, Bullish Confirmations – December 8, 2011

Neutral Day, Bullish Confirmations – December 8, 2011

Forum Clusters 111208.xlsx

“Currently it seems like a mission impossible for the bears to keep the markets at the lows (despite the news), while buyers are still eager to buy every dip, which will probably remain the prevailing theme for the time being.” Frank -Tradingtheodds.com

“Let’s all be honest – this is just fun foreplay as bulls and bears line up for the last big trade of the 2011 which will be the market’s reaction to next headlines from Europe starting with the ECB tomorrow morning and headlines from the Euro summit for the remainder of the week. From the price action, especially over the last two days, it is clear that the market wants to hold here and overtake the 200 day but hasn’t been able to do so yet with the level of uncertainty, fear and hope that continues to strangle the market like a tightly-wound Christmas scarf.” Charles Kirk – The Kirk Report

Nothing much has changed on a closing basis. But on top of the above quotes, Wednesday’s action confirmed again that large players are eager to buy below or at the intraday VWAP and at the VWAP anchored at the 11/30 opening gap. After filling Monday’s opening gap –which reduces the risk of a new sharp pullback – and bottoming just below the anchored VWAP, the first buy programs kicked in but with a concerning negative divergence from the RT 20DMF. This was positively resolved by a RT 20DMF breakout at 3:00 PM after IWM found new support on the intraday VWAP. The usual EOD selloff from day traders left the 20 DMF net neutral for the day.

Name:  20.gif
Views: 1470
Size:  12.0 KB
    Name:  i20.gif
Views: 1460
Size:  12.8 KB

I found also very positive that IWM bottomed without breaking the (65,5) volatility stop on the 30-minute chart which often offers an excellent reward-risk entry point within a sound uptrend.
    The higher volatility has strengthened both the first support and resistance clusters and the balance of power is now 3-to-2 in favor of support holding and resistance breaking.

Name:  iwm111208.gif
Views: 1436
Size:  44.7 KB

The evolution of IBD’s accumulation/distribution ratings is strongly biased in A and B ratings versus D and E and is another confirmation of institutional conviction.

Name:  ibacc.gif
Views: 1455
Size:  26.1 KB

In daily stage analysis, the percentage of stocks in accumulation and mark-up stages is growing fast and our positive reward-risk analysis for buying all intraday dips remain valid.
    Billy

Name:  st.gif
Views: 1458
Size:  32.4 KB
    Name:  gdx111208.gif
Views: 1446
Size:  45.5 KB

price reversal?

Looking at the A/D, breadth, and 15, 30, 60, and 240 minute $TICK reading, a price reversal would seem near. I wonder what the intra-day MF shows?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1613
Size:  239.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
    Looking at the A/D, breadth, and 15, 30, 60, and 240 minute $TICK reading, a price reversal would seem near. I wonder what the intra-day MF shows?

Attachment 11791
    Looks ready to turn up for an afternoon rally. Stabilized from 13:00 pm without any negative or positive divergences.
    I may be wrong of course but we are back near the very strong support cluster.
    If they close above intraday VWAP, today's bottom buyers will be winners.
    Billy
    Name:  n20.gif
Views: 1354
Size:  11.3 KB

the contrary case

If we break the horizontal support, at about 42.8, decisively, I would estimate heavy selling.

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 1373
Size:  95.0 KB

Today is one of those examples where the 20DMF appears to be trying to find a bottom (according to Billy's chart above) and yet the $TICK continues to plunge lower.

No reversal in view. Either Draghi killed all large players plans or today is a shakeout and this final hour will be key.
    Billy
    Name:  nn20.gif
Views: 1376
Size:  12.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    No reversal in view. Either Draghi killed all large players plans or today is a shakeout and this final hour will be key.
    Billy
    Indeed, this was the risk-off liquidity pull that I really expected to happen Tues or Wed.

Name:  es 15 min liq 12-8-11.PNG
Views: 1392
Size:  72.7 KB

Now that the expanding terminal top has broken to the downside, the first bounce is typically sold and the market heads lower to the target, then bounces. Just one potential scenario...

Name:  es 135 min 12-8-11.PNG
Views: 1391
Size:  53.4 KB

Here they go, at last! Shake-out scenario panning out for now.
    Billy
    Name:  nn202.gif
Views: 1289
Size:  10.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Here they go, at last! Shake-out scenario panning out for now.
    Billy
    Attachment 11798
    Assuming the scenario holds to the close, can you point out the tell-tale signs in the 20DMF True chart?

Trader D

a most wicked reversal to the downside at the intra-day VWAP

This reversal put a stake it in for me. The one minute charts are deceiving. It happened in a humanly impossible burst.

Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 1456
Size:  63.3 KB

+ Reply to Thread