+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Filters section

Filters section

I received the following questions:

As relatively new subscriber I have few questions:

Info on : “Filters that include both Active Boundaries and Effective Volume” appear as charts for every category (e.g. “Stocks with the best ratings”)

Question 1: Is there a place it appears in an Excel format (I am interested first in the tickers that pass the specific filter).

Question 2: How often you update this data (it seems some are update daily and some are not).

Question 3: Per your experience, which 2-3 filters are the best to predict a potential Buy/sell tickers (assuming analysis was done separately for the general market trend-the most difficult task these days)

Q1: I added the list of tickers for each filter.

Name:  EV_Filters.gif
Views: 222
Size:  8.7 KB

Q2: The data is updated daily about 6 hours before markets opens. The date of filter computation is indicated at the top of each filter page

Name:  Filters_date.gif
Views: 226
Size:  4.8 KB

Q3: It really depends on the market conditions. When to use each filter is stated at the right side of the table

I like to use filters to prepare for a market signal change.
    For example, right now, I built a table of shorts candidates that could be actionable when the market turns to short.
    Such a table includes the ticker, date of analysis, actual price, potential short price and a brief comment.

I mostly use the "Stocks with the best/worst ratings" when the market is trending, but the "Divergence with AB" filters to find weak stocks in a strong uptrend or the reverse.

Pascal

Very nice Pascal, and quite useful.

If possible, please place a date somewhere in the contents of the Ideas_recap file, so that the internals do not get confused.

Regards,

pgd

+ Reply to Thread