+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Only Way to Get Rich Trading

Hybrid View

Don't get me wrong, I agree that trying to force things will only backfire. I have a very very very relax trading style. And I have a day job so I don't have to worry about market gains paying bills.

That being said, my goal in the stockmarket is to make as much money as possible. One can only work a certain amount of hours in a day. To get rich you need a scalable business. And there's no business as scalable as trading the markets.

the human mind

Ernst,

The human mind is very puzzling to me and many others, regardless of our credentials. I can write that I'm even puzzled by my own. Six months ago I knew the robot was the right route, but only now I have put this into practice.

So, from theory to practice, I know the human mind is often confused (the night of the soul, as G.W.F. Hegel put it) but in need of certainty (cogito ergo sum or, in the vernacular of the time, Je pense donc je suis, René Descartes).

The market is confusing; the robot does not provide certainty, only the probability of a given outcome, much like options. Unfortunately, as you agree, we cannot know when to put on a trade until the robot dictates nor can we know its success until it concludes.

Perhaps you could shine the light on selling puts to hedge a short position?

+ Reply to Thread