Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
I actually opted for an initial leverage stop reference at 71.80 because it was below the strongest support of YPP (71.84). That 71.84 stop was 1.83% away from the 73.14 reference entry level.
Converting for TNA, the stop was 43.77 – (3x1.84% =5.50%) = 41.36.
Note that I will only enter a hard stop order at 41.36 if I can’t be present at my desk. I will normally monitor the price/volume/TICK/RT 20DMF behavior of IWM at the yearly pivot (71.84) and sell TNA only once I see evidence that IWM is failing as support.

[/QUOTE
2. One may also experience a lower high and a lower low scenario after a limit buy entry. Would you always stick to your initial stop (“just under the first support cluster”) or may exit if a lower-high, lower-low scenario occurs before hitting the initial stop?
That scenario happens quite often. As long as the robots daily settings remain on a buy signal, I will stick to my initial leverage stop and wait for the first higher low and higher highs on 30-minute bar charts.

[/QUOTE]
3. You also mention that these are discretionary guidelines as they apply to the current situation. Would you already now be able to hint other types of guidance applied for other market conditions? If not, we would all be very pleased to have you presenting them as they emerge. Thanks a lot. best Sorensen[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is my favorite technique for choppy market/high volatility conditions only. The leveraged positions stopped out at a profit can often be re-entered at the recommended robot limit price. Sometimes several days in a row. Now, if volatility declines for long enough, and gaps/choppiness calm down, I would switch to trend-following or mean-reversion leverage risk management techniques. I think it is best that we wait for practical real-time opportunities to discuss these.
Billy[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot Billy and Pascal. With Ilona and others i'd like to commend you all (incl. Eric, Bob, Mike, etc.) for your transparent and professional way of servicing us... It is really so different from other sites that claim to deliver the same... Sorensen.