Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Pierre,
There are no position-sizing rules from the robot. All position-sizing and leverage decisions are your own responsibility.
I previously gave an example of my own discretionary guidelines in the current conditions.
First, I always enter a full TNA position at the initial limit, say 1,000 shares at 43.77 yesterday. I place my initial stop for 666 shares just under the first support cluster and for 334 shares at the robot’s stop.
Once I see a higher low from my entry followed by higher highs, I exit 333 shares at a 39% retracement and 333 shares at a 51% retracement. The remaining 334 shares are managed exactly like a robot position.
The proceeds of the 666 shares should only be reinvested at a robot’s entry limit if there are buy settings and the same stops and retracements guidelines apply from there.
Today, 1/3 of my TNA (entered at 43.77) was stopped out at 45.29 and 1/3 at 44.99. I am still long 1/3 position but wont scale back-in my 2/3 position before a new active buy limit price.
Billy
Billy,
I have three questions re your discretionary trading:

1. In your Cluster Strength comment for IWM on 1. December 2011 you mention that “I place my initial stop for 666 shares just under the first support cluster”. You also mention a “massive floor support confluence from WR2 (72.26), MPP (72.00), YPP (71.84) and QPP (71.25)”

From your IWM chart illustration the “just under” first cluster support would be between 71.90 and 72.00. This is about 1.55% below entry point. I assume that identifying the “just below” for the first cluster support level of the TNA will then be 3x1,55%=4.65% below 43.77, which is about 41.75. Is that a correct assessment of a TNA initial stop price “just below” first support cluster?

2. One may also experience a lower high and a lower low scenario after a limit buy entry. Would you always stick to your initial stop (“just under the first support cluster”) or may exit if a lower-high, lower-low scenario occurs before hitting the initial stop?

3. You also mention that these are discretionary guidelines as they apply to the current situation. Would you already now be able to hint other types of guidance applied for other market conditions? If not, we would all be very pleased to have you presenting them as they emerge. Thanks a lot. best Sorensen