+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Importance of divergence between LEV and SEV ?!?

Hybrid View

Sector data

Billy, Pascal,

I’m still trying to better understand the different data to be found on your website.
    A vast improvement is to fully understand the relationship between the different data.
    This will also help my trading knowledge as I’m trying to make trading a second income.

The data for the different sectors in the Effective Volume website is to be found in three different places:
    - “Sector” page in PascalA_List.xls
    - Sectors_table.xls
    - SIGR.xls

The relation between a stock and its sector is very clear as each stock has an associated sector in the “Stocks” page of PascalA_List.xls.
    As Pascal made it clear, the rating of a stock is for 1/3 determined by the sector strength in the SIGR file.
    The relation between a stock and the sector denomination in the SIGR is a little bit vague to me.

Could it be possible to post an excel list with for each stock the corresponding sector name as used in the SIGR file?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pdp-brugge View Post
    Billy, Pascal,

I’m still trying to better understand the different data to be found on your website.
    A vast improvement is to fully understand the relationship between the different data.
    This will also help my trading knowledge as I’m trying to make trading a second income.

The data for the different sectors in the Effective Volume website is to be found in three different places:
    - “Sector” page in PascalA_List.xls
    - Sectors_table.xls
    - SIGR.xls

The relation between a stock and its sector is very clear as each stock has an associated sector in the “Stocks” page of PascalA_List.xls.
    As Pascal made it clear, the rating of a stock is for 1/3 determined by the sector strength in the SIGR file.
    The relation between a stock and the sector denomination in the SIGR is a little bit vague to me.

Could it be possible to post an excel list with for each stock the corresponding sector name as used in the SIGR file?

Many thanks
    The SIGR file is made using the sector and industry group RS from IBD/Marketsmith. It keeps the IBD industry group labels.
    Here is today's Marketsmith file with all stocks, industry groups and sector labels from IBD.
    Billy
    MarketSmith_-1112.05.xlsx

+ Reply to Thread