Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
Sounds like a worthwhile project. While watching for the outcome of your future reseach, I will continue on the path I'm following today, that is, take the path of least resistance. Intuitively, it makes sense and moreover with the use of Maximes PPs, easy to determine. Whether the stock advanced due to market conditions or least resistance is secondary to me at the moment; I simply want them both in line in the same direction. If you are able to validate that there is a strong correlation between a stocks' gain and your low balance number, you will be making a major contribution. You are a great asset to anyone serious about trading. Keep up the good work, and lol.
Regards,
Buzz
Thanks Buzz. Therein lies the issue though -- you want them to both align (the movement of the stocks and the market). This is only beneficial if it occurs AFTER you have bought the stock -- watching a 100 stocks move in the direction of the market but not being in any one of them does you no good.

At the core of this is the question whether pivots offer an edge. Specifically for us: if I select stocks for entry tomorrow which have virtually no overhead resistance, do these tend to go up in a higher percentage compared to a random selection of stocks on the same day? Furthermore, if I select these stocks and tomorrow is a DOWN day and the stock drops in price, is it because pivots played a role in the selection (meaning I screened on pivots and they are biased to the down side)?

The best outcome is one where low overhead resistance outperforms a random sampling of stocks on any given day.

Thanks for all of your feedback. Make it a great weekend.

Paul