+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expecting A Shakeout - November 30,2011

Hybrid View

Nice Write Up, Thanks and Question

Billy,

A very informative write up of the market this morning as usual, thanks.

My question is simple: What do professionals do when they lack the inventory to sell into strength-- e.g., today's gap up?

Confession: knowing we had a good chance to enter at a fantastic price six or so hours prior the open, I set my limit order and dreamed of catching salmon in my office.

Too bad. Reality intrudes. The market is neither a lucky lady nor a tramp; rather she is to me the lady in the radiator .
    Last edited by nickola.pazderic; 11-30-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
    My question is simple: What do professionals do when they lack the inventory to sell into strength-- e.g., today's gap up?
    Nickola,
    They widen the bid & ask spreads on most individual stocks, especially at the open. A lower inventory must be sold at much higher prices than usual and the wider the gaps, the better.
    But the temptation of shaking out weak hands ASAP is also growing exponentially.
    You and the Lady got to be cool on Wall Street! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kShTUmYRyCw

Billy

10CC Wow!

Billy,

I didn't know they still exist.

I only remember them from my youth, listening to this song, which seemed to disintegrate my bedroom into bubbles with their harmonies.

Oh no. I'm not in Love. But heavens, I rely on you and Pascal because I surely don't belong on Wall Street. I can't carry a baseball bat in the other hand as I shake someone's right hand.

Kindly,

Excellent Answer

Reminds us that rules for traders are for their own good.

P.S. Everyone's got to have that "I❤$" sign in their house :)

+ Reply to Thread