+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 20dmf

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_molodow View Post
    Hi Pascal,

In the recent description posted on how the 20DMF is used, I see the statement: "the time to go long is when these three conditions are in force: there's a been a direction change in OB/OS signal AND the OB/OS level is between -70 and -90 AND MF is positive"

The main page 20DMF page say MF: -0.64% at the 11/28/11 close.

How is this all interpreted so that 20DMF is in a BUY going into today's open?

Thanks,

Shawn
    This means that the MF for the day must be positive: we needed to have had accumulation during the day.
    This can be seen in the MF Strength being positive

Pascal

What are the probabilities that we can't buy?

Pascal,
    In your comment you say: "Furthermore, any pull-back will force us into cash again, since we are close to the -90 level which would trigger the fail safe mechanism."

As Adriano says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano View Post
    Billy/Pascal,
    the IWM entry point is 1.50 % below yesterday's close ...
    If IWM drops by 1.50% and independantly of the intraday move closes down by about this %, won't this trigger the fail safe?

PLEASE DELETE MY QUESTION. I just read Billy's comment and it clears up my question. Thank you
    Last edited by Pierre Brodeur; 11-29-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: typo

Pivot entries and LT vs. ST edges

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Yes, limit buy order @68.74 valid for one day only.

Billy
    I'm sure this has already been considered and tested, but it struck me to wonder whether the pivot-based 3:1 R/R entry points are maybe less important when the LT edge is strong? In other words, when ST edges dominate then we are probably more in a mean-reversion environment, and the pivot-based entries are crucial. However, maybe when LT edges dominate, it matters somewhat less that we find an entry price that is optimal for mean reversion, and don't want to miss a larger trend?

Just idly wondering,

-Mike

Intraday 20DMF

Is there any place on the site that we can see the intraday chart of 20DMF during the day? Thanks

Jip

Quote Originally Posted by jiplee View Post
    Is there any place on the site that we can see the intraday chart of 20DMF during the day? Thanks

Jip
    You click on the 20DMF section of the EV database and scroll down.

This chart is updated a few times per day.

A RT version is not available as of now.

Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by mklein9 View Post
    I'm sure this has already been considered and tested, but it struck me to wonder whether the pivot-based 3:1 R/R entry points are maybe less important when the LT edge is strong? In other words, when ST edges dominate then we are probably more in a mean-reversion environment, and the pivot-based entries are crucial. However, maybe when LT edges dominate, it matters somewhat less that we find an entry price that is optimal for mean reversion, and don't want to miss a larger trend?

Just idly wondering,

-Mike
    Mike,
    Both the LT and ST edges are computed using 3:1 RR multi-pivots entries. So these edges can only be achieved assuming that you enter exactly at the robot’s recommended 3:1 RR limit price. Robot’s edges can be further improved only when you enter at better prices, not worst ones.

If you review the pdfs on the IWM robot’s design and backtesting, the 3:1 RR multipivots rules have a neutral-to-positive impact on returns but lower considerably the drawdowns. They are an essential risk management component of the IWM robot’s LT risk-adjusted performance.
    Billy
    Last edited by Billy; 11-30-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Rather weak MF today.

PascalName:  20DMF_RT.gif
Views: 485
Size:  19.9 KB

+ Reply to Thread