+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 20dmf rt

Hybrid View

thanks

It is very interesting to me that Paul and I worked with a similar strategy in late September and early October. I realized a 17.5% increase in the TOS account in a matter of days. I mentioned this outperformance to you in private. Either I did not communicate precisely my meaning or you misunderstood it as a conscious attempt to outperform the robot or both. Actually, I was doing nothing other than attempt to ensure that my equity curve remained in an uptrend. If I can realize an equity curve rise like that displayed on our home page for IWM, of course I'd be delighted.

Because our communication had a flaw, when the November trades came, in particular the one you mention, I recall being torn between taking the profit and following diligently. I did a little of both and lost a lot more than planned.

The Fibonacci idea seems like a sensible way to draw stop losses on a exploding 3X instrument, and placing variable stops that ensure against blowouts to the downside is also most a helpful idea.

This discussion has been very helpful for me. I won't fear the robot signals nearly as much as I did during the past two trades when it felt like the The Charge of the Light Brigade as we went long into the jaws of a bear.

I'm a vegetarian, but I'll find some things to eat as I drink Argentinian Malbec with relatives.

Best to you,
    Last edited by nickola.pazderic; 11-24-2011 at 02:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread